Question for people buying donors + boards on ebay

datahaze

As I assume many of us do, I re-sell donor drives and parts (once being wiped completely!) on eBay as a secondary revenue stream. I also often buy donors this way. For those of you who buy donors there as well, how does a listing donating part of their profits to charity affect your buying decision? For example, if an item is a dollar or two more but 10% goes to a food bank (ebay automates this via their eBay giving works organization), would you buy it all other things about the item the same? What if they are the exact same price?

eBay places a big, obvious banner over the description saying it's a "ebay giving works" listing. For example https://www.ebay.com/itm/Charles-Darwin ... 4222166921

Edit here's my usual buying strategy:
Check price on donordrives.com. If I can find 2 donors for the same total cost or less on eBay, use eBay instead
Buy cheapest donors on ebay I can find, pay a few bucks extra if the place selling them seems to know more about what they're talking about (mention of ROM chip, many similar listings, long feedback, etc)

Curious as to how other people decide these things. Hope you are all staying safe and employed during this precarious time!

Maximushzy

Good day .
I found your forum very attractive and promising. I want to buy an ad space for a banner in the header, for $1300 per month. I will pay via WebMoney/Qiwi, 50% immediately, and 50% in 2 weeks. And also, the address of my site [glow=red]Link Removed by Admin[/glow] - it will not contradict the theme?

Thanks! Write about Your decision to me in PM or by email [glow=red]Email Deleted by Admin[/glow]

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Maximushzy":44g5lsho said:
Good day .
I found your forum very attractive and promising. I want to buy an ad space for a banner in the header, for $1300 per month. I will pay via WebMoney/Qiwi, 50% immediately, and 50% in 2 weeks. And also, the address of my site [glow=red]Link Removed by Admin[/glow] - it will not contradict the theme?

Thanks! Write about Your decision to me in PM or by email [glow=red]Email Deleted by Admin[/glow]

Sounds fishy to me, but for $1,300/mo I might consider it.