Quantum fireball plus as

Freakazoid

I have a Quantum fireball plus as (20,5GB) for recovery clicking head.. What is important to match on those driveres? What tool can I use for head replacement? is there any made tools for that driver ?

lcoughey

I'm pretty sure that you have to go old school with that series of drive. It existed long before head tools were being sold. You would be wise to buy a couple donors and a few similar working drives to play with before you jump in with the client's drive.

Freakazoid

lcoughey":rwueoifq said:
[post]12592[/post] I'm pretty sure that you have to go old school with that series of drive. It existed long before head tools were being sold. You would be wise to buy a couple donors and a few similar working drives to play with before you jump in with the client's drive.

Ooh thanks for answer lcoughey. Maybe beset to skip this
one :?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I've done a few of those. They're not nearly as bad as an antique IBM HDD that I had to head swap recently. But, yeah, no tools for those I know of.

Freakazoid

Jared":1lk94yqc said:
[post]12596[/post] I've done a few of those. They're not nearly as bad as an antique IBM HDD that I had to head swap recently. But, yeah, no tools for those I know of.

I think I just skip this one, and tell them too send it to somebody else :roll: don't think I have the skill for it