Freakazoid
Data Recovery Novice

Quantum fireball plus as

Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:26 pm

I have a Quantum fireball plus as (20,5GB) for recovery clicking head.. What is important to match on those driveres? What tool can I use for head replacement? is there any made tools for that driver ?

lcoughey
Forum Moderator

Quantum fireball plus as

Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:20 pm

I'm pretty sure that you have to go old school with that series of drive. It existed long before head tools were being sold. You would be wise to buy a couple donors and a few similar working drives to play with before you jump in with the client's drive.

Freakazoid
Data Recovery Novice

Quantum fireball plus as

Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:26 pm

lcoughey wrote:Source of the post I'm pretty sure that you have to go old school with that series of drive. It existed long before head tools were being sold. You would be wise to buy a couple donors and a few similar working drives to play with before you jump in with the client's drive.

Ooh thanks for answer lcoughey. Maybe beset to skip this
one :?

Jared
Forum Admin

Quantum fireball plus as

Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:32 pm

I've done a few of those. They're not nearly as bad as an antique IBM HDD that I had to head swap recently. But, yeah, no tools for those I know of.

Freakazoid
Data Recovery Novice

Quantum fireball plus as

Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:02 pm

Jared wrote:Source of the post I've done a few of those. They're not nearly as bad as an antique IBM HDD that I had to head swap recently. But, yeah, no tools for those I know of.

I think I just skip this one, and tell them too send it to somebody else :roll: don't think I have the skill for it

Return to “Fujitsu, Maxtor, & All Other Hard Drives”