Possible to Rebuild Corrupted NVRAM of Hitachi ARM Drive?

betty

thanks Jared..

I tried to write the nv-ram which u had given... but the following error showing....

Test : Reading NV-RAM
Copies.................................. : Working
Reading NV-RAM to profile folder (D:\Program Files\ACE Lab\PC-3000\Bin\!Profiles\HITACHI-IBM-ARM\5C10CLA3\nilesh buldana hitachi 1tb OLD\Data\NV-RAM)
NV-RAM.nvr.............................. : Ok

Test : Writing NV-RAM
Writing NV-RAM from file ( C:\Users\betty\Desktop\nilesh buldana NVRAM\jared\NV-RAM (copy3).nvr )
Loading............................................................... : Ok
TNV_RAM.Assign: invalid src!
Writing NV-RAM.......................... : Error

Test : Writing NV-RAM
Writing NV-RAM from file ( C:\Users\betty\Desktop\nilesh buldana NVRAM\jared\NV-RAM (copy3).nvr )
Loading............................................................... : Ok
TNV_RAM.Assign: invalid src!
Writing NV-RAM.......................... : Error

Note:
Rom has 5 copies of NV-RAM. Please check Offset 28000,29000,3B000,3C000 & 3F000

betty

One more thing is that, the size of original NV_RAM is 4 KB and the new one is 5 KB . Is it possible of size difference ?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member

betty

thanks jared,

I upload copy 1 ,2 one by one... but no Spin ... i tried rest other copies... same result

May be the rom files were corrupted . Is it possible ?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
betty":30w7dcgx said:
[post]13937[/post] Is it possible ?

Yes, it is possible. If I were you, I'd find a close matched donor with the same FW revision (or even two or three) and compare the NVRAMs of them all. There are only certain segments of the NVRAM that are actually unique to each drive. You might find that a few bits have been flipped and thrown off a few values that are necessary code that isn't drive specific.

Also, you might want to try putting those NVRAM codes into another ROM of the same firmware. It's possible that it's other code in the ROM that's corrupt besides just the NVRAM code.

betty

thanks Jared

I would go for the donor with same f/w...

Also any one have the same hdd please upload the ROM &NV-RAM

HITACHI 1 TB
P/N:HX123Z9H
MODEL:HDS5C1010CLA382
MLC:JPC3MA
FW:3MA

MandeepSingh

Hi Jared,

I have a similar problem. ROM was misplaced by the PCB repair guy and now we need to re-build the NV-RAM in order for donor ROM to work on the HDD.

Please help me if you can. I have the following model HDD :-

Hitachi
HDS721010CLA632
PN: 0F10383
MFG: JAN 2011

Do you have any built NV-RAM which you think will work on this particular model ?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I've never built a NVRAM that was from a completely lost PCB. It might be possible, but more technical than I care to venture into. I've only dealt with corrupted ROMs where portions of the code is corrupted and needs to be fixed up by comparing copies (there multiple copies of the NVRAM in ROM) and comparing with healthy ROMs to replace the corrupt segments that are not drive specific.

MandeepSingh

Hi Jared Thanks for the reply.

Will you be able to look if you go any NV-RAM which matches with the below :-

Hitachi Series HDS721010CLA632
PN: 0F10383
JP9980
HZ0YAD4U

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
The NVRAM has portions that are unique to each drive. If you don't even have the original PCB, I don't know how you'd even get started there.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk