Picture recovery

propphet

So i deleted an inportant picture and want to recover it, i think i did it all right becaues i got the file but i cannot open it

What happend?
-> Deleted Picture
-> Got MicroSD Card out of phone
-> Put MIcroSD Card in cardreader
-> Recoverd with recuva
-> Tryd opening file but error
-> Tryd some photo repair software no luck

Error :
jnjf4eQ.png

File prop :
pKXGqtm.png

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
It's possible the file is fragmented with other data. Or could be that the phone writes in a non standard format that the software isn't recognizing.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

lcoughey

Your best bet is to do a full scan for all jpg files and see if you can find the missing file by looking at the thumbnails.

Recuva kind of sucks, I'd try R-Studio to see if you get a better result. But, as Jared stated, it could be that the file contents are no longer stored on the card.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
If it's zeroed out due to TRIM as suggested by someone else, then yes, I'd say it's game over. However, it's also possible that the software isn't properly translating the file location and is reading in the totally wrong location. Hard to say without more details.

I'd say you should give R-Studio and/or R-Explorer a try to see if it finds actual data.

propphet

After trying to recover with rstudio same result, il stop here before ruining the whole sd card.
Thanks for alle the help, much prechade it now i know what to do if happens ever again :)