PC3000/VNR/FlashExtractor comparison

Kikini

Hi, I wanted to know what are the main differences between those products, Why should I choose one over the other?

Thanks.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
VNR - Lots of adapters, cool advanced software, but horrible company and people to deal with.
FlashExtractor - Powerful tool with a lot of pre-packaged solutions, but costs the full price of the tool every single year for updates
PC-3000 Flash - Clear winner for a first tool. Good support, great company to work with, fair number open solutions in their database

Blizzard

I bought all 3 in the order Jared lists them and it was really just the opposite of what I should have done. Get PC-3000 first, for the reasons Jared mentions. Flash extractor is a good tool but the cost of annual updates/support and the requirement to upload dumps for help makes it a second runner to PC-3000. Ace has unmatched support and they aren't going anywhere. Sergey from FlashExtractor seems like a great guy, very smart, willing to help, but he admits he could just hang it all up one day. In the end, if you care about the percentage of successful recoveries, you'll want PC-3000 and FE, but just in case you never buy a second tool I say start with PC-3000 Flash.