PC 3000 Templates video

slingshot

Hi guys, been trying to get to grips with all the wonderful things my PC 3000 does :shock: :shock: and came across this guys version of imaging with DE whilst utilising multiple passes (looks like the same principles as a DDI).

Any thoughts on his way of doing it ?

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OchSc_pNas[/bbvideo]

lcoughey

The idea of multiple pass templates is great with DE. My only issue with DE is their lack of logic to handle heads. Even MRT does that.

slingshot

lcoughey":1dyb1air said:
The idea of multiple pass templates is great with DE. My only issue with DE is their lack of logic to handle heads. Even MRT does that.
Im interested in what logic does DE lack handling heads, when compared to MRT ?

lcoughey

Skip to next head on error
Skip to next head for x number of errors, then disable the head
Disable head on error

lcoughey

slingshot":wnjq4rdp said:
Ahh bit like on the DDI4 ?
With a few extra twist. Sadly, although this part is good, they do lack in other areas making their rendition of DE a considerably weaker alternative to DeepSpar or PC3000. But, for the price, it is actually nice to have around, should I need the extra imaging channels. I just charge the card, as needed, and can go several months without ever needing it.

slingshot

Ok I see, I've little knowledge of MRT other than it claims to be able to access a locked seagate diagnostic port that the PC3K cannot. How much does it cost ?

lcoughey

Outright, the 4 channel ultra costs around $4K. But, you can buy the card for about $400 and then pay about $300/month (as you need it) to pay it down.