PC-3000 Portable III: F.A.Q.

acelab

PC-3000%20faq_mail.jpg

The PC-3000 Portable III perked up the world of data recovery!

It’s been several weeks since we’ve launched our new product. In that time, we’ve received a ton of questions, seen a good share of discussions, and took notice of quite a few hasty conclusions. Some questions are repeated over and over again. That’s why we’ve decided to answer some of the most frequent ones.

The main thing to be clarified: the NVMe support is not the only new feature of the PC-3000 Portable III!

Many engineers decided that the PCIe NVMe SSD support is what the new product all about. Maybe because such a solution was highly anticipated as the demand for the NVMe recovery is growing and will continue to grow. Surely, the NVMe support is a very important feature, and no other tool in the world can recover data from damaged M.2 PCIe NVMe SSDs. But it is not the only component of the new PC-3000 Portable III.

So, let’s dot the I’s and cross the T’s in the PC-3000 Portable III F.A.Q. on our blog!

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I think one big FAQ on this is; when will NVMe support be coming to the UDMA/Express editions we already own?

If it's going to take years, or never happen, it might be worth buying one of these. But, no one wants to buy a new portable system if they don't need portability and just want the addition of NVMe features.

acelab

Jared":1rq3wvnn said:
[post]15603[/post] I think one big FAQ on this is; when will NVMe support be coming to the UDMA/Express editions we already own?

If it's going to take years, or never happen, it might be worth buying one of these. But, no one wants to buy a new portable system if they don't need portability and just want the addition of NVMe features.

Hi Jared! We've managed to implement the NVMe support in the new hardware. Now we have the ideas how to do it in PC-3000 Express/UDMA hardware. It's hard to predict the exact time required for it. The development of things that didn't exist before is a very time-consuming process but we're working on it.
The PC-3000 Portable III is not only about portability and NVMe support. It is the most powerful and sophisticated product ACE Lab has ever developed. It will be useful for those engineers who want to have a universal solution that supports practically any storage device interface (USB host, SATA, PATA, PCI Express, NVMe, Flash, and even SAS in future). Or for beginners in data recovery (e.g. new employees can solve simple cases in the Easy Mode). Etc.. Etc... Each service can find its client. And sometimes, the success of the data recovery business depends on the uniqueness of the services you provide.

Pende

hello to everyone a few months ago I have been reading your forum and I am learning more and more.
I currently use mrtlab, I would like to migrate to pc3k portable III, I would like to know when buying pc3000 portable III, what other programs or tools I would have to buy to specialize more and have a more professional laboratory. thanks

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Well, you'll ultimately need a clean hood if you plan on taking on head swap cases. You'll also likely need head separator tools, head combs, a good particle counter, etc. It's not a bad idea to get some ESD mats to work on as well. Don't forget the nitrile gloves, swabs, alcohol, and other basic supplies too. Data Recovery on a pro level entails a million tiny purchases that can really add up over time. I think it took me about five years of accumulating things before I was finally making enough money (and had reduced enough expenses) to meaningfully pay myself.

You'll need a boatload of drives for parts eventually, but in the beginning, you can probably get away with ordering donors as cases come in. Just hope that you don't get too many emergency cases that can't wait for a drive to be shipped in.

PC-3000's Data Extractor is good for some things, but you'll still need a barrage of other software to handle the logical stuff. I'd recommend you get UFSExplorer Professional & R-Studio Technician as a start. A pro license of DMDE is handy too. Maybe even a license for Reclaime Pro or Data Rescue 5. That'll cover the vast majority of logical cases. At some point you may also need a good hex editor like WinHex, so plan on eventually buying a license for that.

You may at times also need to copy data onto Mac formatted drives for customers, so plan on buying Mac Drive Pro license or some of Paragon's tools for mounting non-Windows formatted drives.

Pende

Hi Jared, thanks for answering the comment, I'll tell you, I was able to do my laboratory, I bought a laminar flow cabin, I sealed the entire lip and I already bought some head change tools in Apextool and others that I asked in plastic china, I know that I still need a lot but I am already implementing

Attachments

• clien-to.23.jpg
    clien-to.23.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 430