PC-3000 in Windows 10

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I've been running my PC-3000 Express Card in Win 10 for a while now with no issues. It's a safe upgrade.

LarrySabo

jol":1mtsipo3 said:
[post]4886[/post] I think it will be a good idea to image/clone you old OS defore upgrading just in case...
I can't imaging anyone using an anti-virus program on their recovery system but if they did, they should uninstall it before upgrading to Win10 then re-install it afterward. There have been a number of FUBARs in cases where that was not done.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I've never been one to run AV on my PC-3000 system, it causes way too many interruptions. Even just M$ defender has been giving me issues as of late and I had to disable it. Just gotta be careful what you install on the system that's all. AV will scan every file passing though being copied that will never actually be run on the system. So it'll constantly be interrupting file copy jobs because the client had a virus.

jol

if you have a station that's been used unly for PC3K + reliable DR soft. + not connected to the internet there is no need for scanning.
need to have an image of it, the smallest suspicion and you put the image back, problem solved (at least that's what I'm doing)

jol":125xkjla said:
[post]4894[/post] if you have a station that's been used unly for PC3K + reliable DR soft. + not connected to the internet there is no need for scanning.
need to have an image of it, the smallest suspicion and you put the image back, problem solved (at least that's what I'm doing)

what i mean , when the patient HDD imaged successfully using pc3k and you want to extract the image to fresh HDD using RTT to deliver it to customer many viruses will pop up so its better to do extracting in separate unit away from DR station , or you just do it at same computer and keep a back up healthy image for DR Station when feel infected get back to healthy one ?? if so how you mange the PC3k resource you collect from patient HDDs at each restore point