Page Speed Insights Tool to Get Your Pages Indexed

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I found this interesting, so I thought I'd share. As some of you know I've been working to transition my website over to Wordpress (finally) and wanted to complete it before letting Google know the new site existed. You can see it here: www.data-medics.com/recovery/

I hadn't posted a single link to it anywhere on my site, or elsewhere for that matter so there's no reason google should have found it. But it did find it and began indexing the pages. The only place online I'd ever typed in the URL was in Google's Page Speed Insights tool when I was testing out my caching system. So apparently URL's typed into the tool get indexed by Google. Might come in handy when you're looking to quickly get some new content crawled.

jol

Jared":shs1f0y0 said:
So apparently URL's typed into the tool get indexed by Google.
any url (or whatever) that's typed on anything that called google (gmail, google + or even on your android phone/tablet) is reported back to the big brother

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
It's the Divi theme from elegantthemes.com. Very customizable on it's own, which I like so it doesn't look the same even as other sites using the same theme.

HaQue

Divi is an awesome theme, It was in my top 3 actually :) I chose "mixer" as I am doing it myself and wanted a simpler theme.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Yes it was a bit of work and customization to get it the way I liked it (especially to shrink down the gigantic blog post images). But, now that it's set up it's nice and easy to add new content.