Odd GBK Files Jamming Up OS Drive

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
So today I suddenly notice that my OS SSD in my PC-3000 system is warning that it's full. Which is very odd because I don't store anything there, just programs. Even my !profiles folders are all stored on my 24TB RAID array in the same system. So I ran WinDirStat to find what's eating up all my space and this is what I find:
PC-3000 GBK Files.png

183.4GB of GBK files many named PC3000+a date. Anyone know what these files are and how I can prevent them from being generated?

What's even more odd is that within Explorer, I can't even see the files or the containing folder. It's like they don't exist.

pclab

That's weird... I don't have any GBK file on my system, Could it be you have the UDMA Express (black card) and mine is red card?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I do have the express card, but I've never seen this myself either. Last week my SSD was only about 1/3 full, then suddenly today it's jam packed.

Anyway, I've deleted the files and all seems to be working fine still. Perhaps it was some sort of temp file that should have been deleted and didn't. Odd that it'd be in the Windows folder in the first place though.

jol

I did find 2 GBK files but both of them (together) are very small (35KB)
I don't know what they are for, and of course that size they don't bother me ;)

HaQue

possible the files are corrupted fat, crosslinked or orphaned? maybe a bug where temp files not correctly destroyed..

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
The way they are date stamped and the size makes me think it might be a database backup file. Only problem is that it isn't where I actually store or backup my database files. Then again, my !Profiles folder seems to have suddenly started using my C: again instead of my D: where I had it all this time. Perhaps something just got tweaked in the program... hard to say.