Nothing Found On Data Recovery Using Recuva & MiniTool Power Data Recovery. Help Required!

syedbilal07

Hi guys, i am new here. I would be thankful if you guys help me out to solve this issu.e I brought 3 pen drives of my fiance. One SD Card, One MP3 Player and the last one was a thumb drive. I tried to recover data using Recuva & MiniTool PowerData Recovery but the results were strange.!. Recuva showed nothing, nothing means no file names or nothing. Although there were files on those drives before. On the other side, MiniTool PowerData Recovery showed only "System Volume Information" folder and no other files.
I then tried to using WinHex on these drives and all the sectors were '0' except the Sector 0. Maybe there is System Volume Information reside on Sector 0, i don't know much about it.
So i want to know if the data was wiped? If yes, then which data sanitization method shows no file on the drive. I also wiped my drives but file names can be viewed in RED after wiping but those drives showed nothing. I would be thankful for you guys, i need help. Waiting for the responses. :)

jol

syedbilal07":2aq2v6ww said:
I brought 3 pen drives of my fiance. ...showed nothing, nothing means no file names or nothing.
she made a good job deleting EVERYTHING

syedbilal07

How is it possible to delete everything ? Which data sanitization method is used ? Means those drives in your opinion were wiped ? :)

syedbilal07

How is it possible to delete everything ? Which data sanitization method is used ? Means those drives in your opinion were wiped ? :)

Point out the method name as i have read many methods of data sanitization but every method leaves file names when we recover them, can you suggest me that particular method which deletes even file names ? Thanks!

pclab

Any software of erasing drives can do that job. Like HDD LLF Low Level Format Tool, or Lowvel, etc...
After writing 00 on them, you wont get nothing...