New unstick tools 200$ set 21 metal parts

Blizzard":1dfnymsu said:
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":1dfnymsu]Hi,
Very soon i will be doing a review of ER-Tools Versus These Metal Tools ,Stay Tuned :D
Very good, can't wait.
I just used the metal tool (SEA 11/ES.2/LP 4) about 3 hours ago on an emergency job. Heads stuck to platter after the server was powered down. Recovery is still running but looks good with just 2 of 8 heads having an occasional slowdown.

Blizzard ,
You used HDDSURGERY Tools ....

Blizzard

Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":2gs250ab]
Blizzard ,

Yes, but I only have their Seagate ramp tools. I have ER-Tools, HDD-Surgery, HDDHeadTools.com (DFL) level 1&2, and now Ace Tool Lab.
I also have heat shrink tubing, straws, and toothpicks :)

Blizzard":nvj8o1kv said:
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":nvj8o1kv]
Blizzard ,

Yes, but I only have their Seagate ramp tools. I have ER-Tools, HDD-Surgery, HDDHeadTools.com (DFL) level 1&2, and now Ace Tool Lab.

Well,
What All Models In Seagate You Have From HDD Surgery " Have you though of having that Chinese Metal Tool All In One For Most Seagate Head on Platter Parking Area Type Models " . That Tool is All In One Types .ER-Tools You Have all thier tools or few models .They recently introduced few new models .DFL Tools are you serious that chap makes none of them all he does is buy them from chinese market and sells it with inflated rates to potential customers .What all in acetoollab you have .What is the typical size you use in heat shrink tubes for 2.5" and 3.5" .Were are you using straws for head separation ? . Toothpicks too man you rock :mrgreen:

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
jol":2f49al1f said:
Blizzard":2f49al1f said:
Hey, what about foil pill container, Scott Moulton's method ? :lol:

Yeah, I tried that early on when I was first experimenting with head swapping drives. Never worked for me.

Projector slides and rubber bands works much better. :lol:

I'm still trying to figure out how I might use dental floss in the process somehow. That way I'll have finally become Macgyver. :D

Blizzard

Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":2d2ek8nn]
DFL Tools are you serious that chap makes none of them all he does is buy them from chinese market and sells it with inflated rates to potential customers
I have to disagree :p For $205 you get ramp set for 5 brands of HDD and it includes 10 head WD. They aren't the best quality but it's a good place to start. As far as I'm concerned your assortment can never be too big.
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":2d2ek8nn]
What is the typical size you use in heat shrink tubes for 2.5" and 3.5" .Were are you using straws for head separation ? .
1mm is the only size I have used and it was for an old 3.5". If you can find .5mm or smaller I will certainly try them. The straw I used was not actually a "straw" it was the tube from a can of silicone spray. It was much thinner than the tubes you usually see on cans of air or WD40.
As for toothpicks, I keep them handy but I got the idea from Sam

jol":1ekohl7q said:
Blizzard":1ekohl7q said:

Jol ,
I have used that method in my initial days ,Done hundred of HDD's With That .You Have To Know The Art To Do That .If Jared Does Not Know That He Did Not Master The ART With Those .In India We Call It Jugaar .It Means Innovation " Indian Style " .

Blizzard":fbdkhpc3 said:
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":fbdkhpc3]
DFL Tools are you serious that chap makes none of them all he does is buy them from chinese market and sells it with inflated rates to potential customers
I have to disagree :p For $205 you get ramp set for 5 brands of HDD and it includes 10 head WD. They aren't the best quality but it's a good place to start. As far as I'm concerned your assortment can never be too big.
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":fbdkhpc3]
What is the typical size you use in heat shrink tubes for 2.5" and 3.5" .Were are you using straws for head separation ? .
1mm is the only size I have used and it was for an old 3.5". If you can find .5mm or smaller I will certainly try them. The straw I used was not actually a "straw" it was the tube from a can of silicone spray. It was much thinner than the tubes you usually see on cans of air or WD40.
As for toothpicks, I keep them handy but I got the idea from Sam

Well,
Well He Was Selling For 260 USD ,As Many others started to sell cheaper then him he might be loosing sales hence forcing himself to reduce rates .No one is talking about how good or bad the tool is here but what i am saying that other then buying DFL tools from them they are not cheaper in anything else they sell .When they were selling this for 260 i could buy this in shenzen from my regular supplier for USD 100 ~ 125 .I hope you get the point .

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":kgw8yw8a]
jol":kgw8yw8a said:
Blizzard":kgw8yw8a said:

Jol ,
I have used that method in my initial days ,Done hundred of HDD's With That .You Have To Know The Art To Do That .If Jared Does Not Know That He Did Not Master The ART With Those .In India We Call It Jugaar .It Means Innovation " Indian Style " .

No, I just found that there were better materials to use that stayed put better than the pill foil does. I stopped messing around with trying it when I discovered better ways. I guess some guys would rather master the art of finger painting, rather than learn to use a brush.