New unstick tools 200$ set 21 metal parts

Bankole Oladoja":1sdnjpkf said:
I asked him about Head Replacement Tools and he says they will be ready in two weeks, for Ramp Set only.

Yes ,

HDDsurgury C Type Tools And Also Ramp Tools ,This is Great Competition .

LarrySabo

Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":2nvjyzeh]Mr Larry ,
I Am Always Confused With This Terminology And Like a True Sport You Always Tell Me .Have a Look At The Picture You Just posted .You See There is a Hole In The Front Side "I Hope i say this correct this time [near slider ] " .The Tool Goes Right Under That Hole
Hi Amarbir,

I know you always have difficulty with these terms and I'm determined to help you to understand. :) You can see in the picture below, that I have marked the "gimbal" with an arrow (it goes from the end of the stub to the very end of the head assembly). The slider is the black ferrite rectangle mounted at the end of the gimbal (not visible in the picture). The "heads" are elements embedded within the slider, a write element at the tip and the read element set back slightly. The tip of the arrow is where I would insert the unstick tool. The problem is, when there is no top gimbal/slider assembly (as in the picture) I cannot see the location pointed to by the arrow. All i can see is the washer at the end of the stub; the gimbal/slider on the other side of the top platter is not visible, so I have to guess how far away from the washer to position the tool. I hope that helps.

106fpfp.jpg

LarrySabo":1dp1de6j said:
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":1dp1de6j]Mr Larry ,
I Am Always Confused With This Terminology And Like a True Sport You Always Tell Me .Have a Look At The Picture You Just posted .You See There is a Hole In The Front Side "I Hope i say this correct this time [near slider ] " .The Tool Goes Right Under That Hole
Hi Amarbir,

I know you always have difficulty with these terms and I'm determined to help you to understand. :) You can see in the picture below, that I have marked the "gimbal" with an arrow (it goes from the end of the stub to the very end of the head assembly). The slider is the black ferrite rectangle mounted at the end of the gimbal (not visible in the picture). The "heads" are elements embedded within the slider, a write element at the tip and the read element set back slightly. The tip of the arrow is where I would insert the unstick tool. The problem is, when there is no top gimbal/slider assembly (as in the picture) I cannot see the location pointed to by the arrow. All i can see is the washer at the end of the stub; the gimbal/slider on the other side of the top platter is not visible, so I have to guess how far away from the washer to position the tool. I hope that helps.

106fpfp.jpg

Mr Larry ,
You Are Always So sweet And Helpful Thanks .In This Case As you mentioned i would take the tool inside and position it Were We Think the hole would be down under .If we do this daily i am sure we will position it approx 25% left right or spot on to the hole .But Having a tool that goes bang on Is Fun .Are You ordering the tools BTW :mrgreen: .Andrew Seems To Be a Great Guy BTW

LarrySabo

Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":3d8kbptm]In This Case As you mentioned i would take the tool inside and position it Were We Think the hole would be down under .If we do this daily i am sure we will position it approx 25% left right or spot on to the hole .But Having a tool that goes bang on Is Fun .
For the 7200.10, the best offset is about the width of the tool end (not the full width further away from the end). I will compile a table of best offsets as I practice with the tools but was suggesting earlier that it would be helpful if Andrei provided such a table with the tools, to save each of us from having to compile one.
Are You ordering the tools BTW
I don't have plans to buy the head exchange/ramp tools, because I just don't do enough DR to justify/need them at this point, although I always appreciate having the right tools at hand when the need does arise. :)

jol

LarrySabo":1zpz610s said:
I just tried mine on a 7200.10 with no top-platter head/gimbal, just the stub with its "washer." It sure is tricky trying to guess the best place to position the tool when you can't see the sliders. :? I don't know if it's feasible (or even necessary for you experienced guys), but a table of best-position offsets from the stub end for each family would be a useful supplement to the tools, for me.
You can measure the distance from the hole to the slider on guinea pig HSA then you will know where to position the tool.

jol":25vunaei said:
LarrySabo":25vunaei said:
I just tried mine on a 7200.10 with no top-platter head/gimbal, just the stub with its "washer." It sure is tricky trying to guess the best place to position the tool when you can't see the sliders. :? I don't know if it's feasible (or even necessary for you experienced guys), but a table of best-position offsets from the stub end for each family would be a useful supplement to the tools, for me.
You can measure the distance from the hole to the slider on guinea pig HSA then you will know where to position the tool.

Yup,
This is exactly what should be done ,You too have it mol sir these products from andrew

LarrySabo

jol":2085iwpc said:
Of course; that's what I did (after unloading the heads using conventional means).

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I finally got a chance to use one of these tools today on a rampless 7200.12 drive that I wanted to inspect the heads on. It slid in and out very nicely, left no damage to platters, and held in place very nicely while I worked. All in all, I'd say it's every as bit as high quality as the er-tools I've used, but in metal (if you're partial to that).

For the price, I'd give it an A+ rating.