New unstick tools 200$ set 21 metal parts

pc3000

I almost bought the tools of ER Tools
Alexander did not respond to my last email
And ACELABTOOL answered quickly, and bought from him
Until now I thought it was the same one

pcn

We ordered one set and it arrived today. Looks pretty good to me, well made no residue on it and well packed. I tried one on a bad momentus and it worked well. I will have to test the tools on some donor drives and do a surface scan afterwards but i think these tools are fine.

One difference to the ER-Tools is that the edges are not rounded. So it is one more tool in our box. If its better than ER does not matter for us as we use different tools for different cases and will also keep buying from ER because their tools are also of great quality with an affordable price.

ACETools01.jpg
ACETools02.jpg
ACETools03.jpg

Kind regards,
pcn

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I received my set yesterday and haven't had the chance to work with them yet. The look to be very good quality and well machined. I'm impressed so far by what I see. But, the proof will be in the pudding.

LarrySabo

I just tried mine on a 7200.10 with no top-platter head/gimbal, just the stub with its "washer." It sure is tricky trying to guess the best place to position the tool when you can't see the sliders. :? I don't know if it's feasible (or even necessary for you experienced guys), but a table of best-position offsets from the stub end for each family would be a useful supplement to the tools, for me.

LarrySabo":tz4s69mq said:
I just tried mine on a 7200.10 with no top-platter head/gimbal, just the stub with its "washer." It sure is tricky trying to guess the best place to position the tool when you can't see the sliders. :? I don't know if it's feasible (or even necessary for you experienced guys), but a table of best-position offsets from the stub end for each family would be a useful supplement to the tools, for me.

Mr Larry ,
The Small Hole Before The Gimbal is the space to push it .Removing the top magnet and holding the Complete has improves quality of work

LarrySabo

Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":22qw7f1d]Mr Larry ,
The Small Hole Before The Gimbal is the space to push it .Removing the top magnet and holding the Complete has improves quality of work
Hi Amarbir,

The gimbal is the thin metal extension onto which the slider is mounted, as shown in following picture from HDDScan site. When there is no top slider/gimbal, as shown in the picture, there is no way to know how far beyond the end of the "washer" one should position the tool. If I could see the slider, it would be obvious, but I can't in the case I mentioned.
30w06q9.jpg

Mr Larry ,
I Am Always Confused With This Terminology And Like a True Sport You Always Tell Me .Have a Look At The Picture You Just posted .You See There is a Hole In The Front Side "I Hope i say this correct this time [near slider ] " .The Tool Goes Right Under That Hole