New unstick tools 200$ set 21 metal parts

Blizzard

Jared":d55o5rbw said:
I never had any issue with the ER-tools that I got. Perhaps after the first batch they got better about cleaning them up before shipping. My experience with ER-tools was very good overall.

Same here, I like my ER-Tools. I am also a little nervous about metal next to platters unless it's HDD-Surgery quality. Hopefully the feedback will be good from those that purchased these tools. Ace Tool Lab told me they might have more on eBay November 1st.

ER-Tools

Hello all! It's very interesting theme :)

Just for clarification, i have no idea who is that guy known as "Ace Tool Lab". It seems he cloned my simple head swap tools, but made them from aluminium alloy. And i'm sure it's bad decision, because metal tools which are not fixed on actuator's axis will scratch the platters. What's why i'm making my tools from plastic only. Anyway, would be great to hear any feedback from real users, who already bought these... tools.

Check out more info for thinking. On their web site you can see the address:
Efimova st. 1 office 60,
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Tel.: +78129420257

But in extended details about domain you'll find ( https://who.is/whois/acetoollab.com ):
Name: Domain ID Shield Service
Organization: Domain ID Shield Service CO., Limited
Address: 5/F Hong Kong Trade Centre, 161-167 DesVoeux Road Central, Hong Kong
City: Hong Kong
State / Province: Hong Kong
Postal Code: 999077
Phone: +852.21581835
Fax: +852.30197491

So i guess Ace Tool Lab it's Chinese company, which simulates Russian company, because everybody know ER-Tools is located in Russia too :) What are you thinking guys?

--
Alexander Erofeev,
ER-Tools developer.
Khabarovsk, Russia.
web: er-tools.com
email: [email protected]

jol

The package I bought was shipped from Saint-Petersburg, Russia by russianpost.ru and the CN22 was stated in russian ruble (good enough for you ?)
Hddsurgery's tools are also made from metal

pclab

Yes, Jol, HDDSurgery are mmade of metal, but as ER-tools says, the problem is "metal tools which are not fixed on actuator's axis will scratch the platters".
HDD Surgery tools are fixed (at least the ones I know of...)

ER-Tools

pclab":3emjcnmr said:
HDD Surgery tools are fixed (at least the ones I know of...)
Exactly.

jol":3emjcnmr said:
The package I bought was shipped from Saint-Petersburg, Russia by russianpost.ru
Yes, i was wrong. Google says "ID Shield Service" it's standard option to hide real data, this service is provided by the SpaceWeb.Ru (russian hosting company). So it's seems they are really located in Russia. Oh, those spy things :cool:

jol, did you test your tools? pc3000 says his tool works fine. Would be great to see more opinions.

pc3000":3emjcnmr said:
Can work with it without problems
I have not seen any residue

jol

1. If residue left on plastic tool it can also scratch the delicate platters (don't know about 3D printing... if...)
2. Plastic tools has it own problem... static power which is dangerous for the preamp

LarrySabo

Alexander (@ER-Tools), if you could offer the same set for $200+$20 S/H, I think you would be flooded with orders. My impression is, you already have more business than production capacity can satisfy. Your tools are highly regarded and I'm sure many would rather have the tools in Acrylic than aluminum--static dissipative plastic would be even better (if there is such a thing). A EU- or USA-based distribution centre would overwhelm you with orders, I expect. :)