New unstick tools 200$ set 21 metal parts

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Perhaps this just generated more interest faster than he expected. Maybe he only has a few sets actually made so far, and is waiting for more to get done.

LarrySabo

Andrey Alexander tells me he was limited to 2 sets by eBay, and is hoping they let him sell more next time. Says the $200 is his cost. :roll:

Edit: I managed to snag the one and only set listed on eBay for October so far! :mrgreen:

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Since I had contacted the seller through his website contact form asking about it, he send me a sell offer for a set at $200. Can't wait to give them a try and see how they compare to the er-tools ones I use. Hopefully they include some legacy sizes for the WD drives that park on platter. I didn't really bother to read through which ones are included in the set.

At $200 I'll take whatever it includes.

LarrySabo

It includes the following:

f0wn6.jpg

Will wait for Jared's opinion on this. I have all set of ER-Tools and they have been wonderful. This looks promising, and can't wait to see how good it is.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I am a bit nervous that these are metal freehand tools. The plastic felt safer when you do bump the platters with it. I'm curious to see if they did a good job smoothing out the sharp edges.

LarrySabo

Jared":33du23jd said:
I'm curious to see if they did a good job smoothing out the sharp edges.
The tool close-up on their home page shows hard edges that look very risky.

I discussed ER-Tools' combs with someone who bought them and he said E-R Tools did a very poor job of cleaning up manufacturing residue left on the combs. He cleaned them in an ultrasonic cleaner before using them. I don't know that aluminum residue is any worse than acrylic residue, but I'll check the combs very carefully before use.

pc3000

LarrySabo":1ep2pvma said:
Jared":1ep2pvma said:

I discussed ER-Tools' combs with someone who bought them and he said E-R Tools did a very poor job of cleaning up manufacturing residue left on the combs. He cleaned them in an ultrasonic cleaner before using them. I don't know that aluminum residue is any worse than acrylic residue, but I'll check the combs very carefully before use.

Last week I released with this tool heads stuck to the surface,
In Momntos 2.5 inches.
The Image was green
With only 26 sectors black
Who has experience in replacing heads
Like most of the friends here
Can work with it without problems
I have not seen any residue

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
LarrySabo":oakyfbzb said:
Jared":oakyfbzb said:

I never had any issue with the ER-tools that I got. Perhaps after the first batch they got better about cleaning them up before shipping. My experience with ER-tools was very good overall.