new tool from Deepspar

lcoughey

irepairbuffalo":2lvowbde said:
lcoughey":2lvowbde said:
I have one...using it right now. Love it.

Are you using the Standard or Professional edition?
The forensic edition.

They will be coming out with a data recovery edition, I do believe. I understand that it will act as a way to stabilize USB only interfaced drives with PC3000 that can only interface with USB drives via Windows.

irepairbuffalo

With the Guardonix Professional almost the same price as the RapidSpar USB Add-on, what are some of the things you find the Guardonix particularly useful for? According to Serge, the Guardonix Pro - even with its improved bad sector handling - has much longer read timeouts than the RapidSpar.

Do you mind helping me understand the reason one might go with the Guardonix as a write-blocker, instead of imaging with the RapidSpar and USB Add-on? I could see the value for a forensics professional that does not already own a RapidSpar?
Also, do you happen to know if the Data Acquisition Add-on FS mount feature works with the USB Add-on?

As far as the data recovery edition stabilizing drives for work with PC3K, I can see the use for that.

Edit: wording and added additional question about Data Acquisition add-on.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
It's my understanding that Guardonix is particularly being aimed at the developing world as a more cost-effective alternative to DDI and RapidSpar. Particularly for countries like India where demand is increasing quickly and most startups can't afford to invest in the more expensive tools.

I don't think it'll have any particular advantages over the other tools. Seems it'll be more like what Salvation Data's Data Compass was, but at a price point much closer to where such a tool always should have been.

lcoughey

Guardonix is for those like the police and other forensic investigators who image drives with software like FTK imager. 99.9% of their cases are with healthy drives. The USB3 write blocker will help with the alone...without the need for the upgrade. But, if they encounter unstable drives, the upgrade will help.

Guardonix is targeting forensics
RapidSpar is targeting computer techs
Spark is targeting lower income countries
DeepSpar is targeting data recovery professionals