New Starter PLEASE HELP

SuperData

Dear Forum Members,

Greetings!

I have started a new IT Support company. I have tools and resources to cover a good percentage of services I offer but I am lacking tools and software for Data Recovery.
I would like to buy some thing which is compact and very cheap for Firmware fixing and Data Recovery.
I would also like to buy a software for logical bad sector data recovery.

As I am new in this Data Recovery industry can someone with years of expertise please guide me?

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers :roll:

pclab

There are a few topics about this a little over all DR forums...

To start: is your budget good enough? :D
Are you willing to start to invest in good tools, or start easy and see how it goes?
I think the best way is to buy ACE PC3000 and you already have a tool for everything...
Where are you located?

SuperData

Hi pclab

Thanks for the reply. I am based in London UK. I have very limited budget and so would like to start easy and then start investing in the big tools.

SuperData

Hi pclab,

replied earlier but cant find the reply so submitting the reply again;

I am based in London UK and as its a new business I cant afford to spend a lot. I would like to start slow and see what happens.
Thanks

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
SuperData":rxhylqee said:
[post]9662[/post] I have very limited budget and so would like to start easy and then start investing in the big tools.

Unfortunately, with cheaper tools you're going to find that there will be a huge percentage of cases you can't do. You could try starting out with something like MRT, but you'll very quickly realize just how much you can't do with it.

Data recovery isn't a cheap business to get into. Unless you've got around $50-60K dollars to start out with as an investment, you're probably not going to accomplish much.

pclab

Can we know your budget?
Also: what do you want to do? Start by imaging some bad drives, or start working on FW, or physical cases??

SuperData":dhbjga8v said:
[post]9663[/post] Hi pclab,

replied earlier but cant find the reply so submitting the reply again;

I am based in London UK and as its a new business I cant afford to spend a lot. I would like to start slow and see what happens.
Thanks

There are so many guys in UK doing Data Recovery. In Data Recovery, competition is part of the work. If you must start and aiming to survive the first year, you need to eliminate that word "cheap" and start considering "expensive", and the only tool that can give you so much confidence is PC3000.