New PC-3000 Update, Some Irregularities

Bankole Oladoja":dldf6u7s said:
[post]8584[/post] Hello,
Has anyone noticed some irregularities in new PC-3000 Samsung Module ?
I have this case of Samsung 1TB (ST1000LM024), that came in for recovery. I checked with the latest PC-3000 version and got full ID, it took almost 5 minutes to complete loading the Drive's details on Log, No sector access and couldn't even do a backup of resources. I tried doing a Head test, only H0 was fine. So I concluded the was Head bad, I informed the client and give a quote, the client accepted.
When I got the donor, I do a backup and preparing to do a replace the Head. Just to have a last check of the Patient's Drive, I plugged it back to PC3000 (Now the old one) because the new one is busy, to my greatest surprise, I found out the drive is responding well, got sector access and was able to get 98% clone of the Drive. Data was fully recovered without replacing the Head. So I got curious and return patient's drive to the new PC3000 and still got the same odd result no sector access and report all heads to be bad except H0.

Problem is rectified..

Bankole Oladoja":296a7suo said:
Hello,
Has anyone noticed some irregularities in new PC-3000 Samsung Module ?
I have this case of Samsung 1TB (ST1000LM024), that came in for recovery. I checked with the latest PC-3000 version and got full ID, it took almost 5 minutes to complete loading the Drive's details on Log, No sector access and couldn't even do a backup of resources. I tried doing a Head test, only H0 was fine. So I concluded the was Head bad, I informed the client and give a quote, the client accepted.
When I got the donor, I do a backup and preparing to do a replace the Head. Just to have a last check of the Patient's Drive, I plugged it back to PC3000 (Now the old one) because the new one is busy, to my greatest surprise, I found out the drive is responding well, got sector access and was able to get 98% clone of the Drive. Data was fully recovered without replacing the Head. So I got curious and return patient's drive to the new PC3000 and still got the same odd result no sector access and report all heads to be bad except H0.

Hi,
What Version Are You Talking About