New Partner Logo

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Guys. I've just added a new logo for my re-sellers/partners to put on their homepage. What do you think?

Partner_Logo_Transparent.png

You can see it on one of my partner's site here: http://www.tech911inc.com

(I adjusted the color to match his site better which I'll do for all my partners)

pclab

Looks nice and clean.

Actually, I have to start to spread more of my work.

What do you guys think it's the best way of doing that? Google add-words for instance?

HaQue

hate to say it, but facebook. short thanks and nods to customers or pictures every now and again.. things like short speil on a difficult case... but kept upbeat, you HAVE to appear to be enjoying your work, committed and in tune with customers while NEVER bashing any competition. It is a simple formulae that works wonders!

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Facebook.... I don't know. Tried that and didn't see much results. Google adwords work, but the effect is only good until the money runs out (which doesn't take long).

Personally I've found that the biggest things that get the data recovery work is:

1. Mailing out a small pack of brochures to every computer repair shop in the area.
2. Follow up by stopping in and introduce yourself in person / drop off more brochures
3. Follow their Google+ feed, post an occasional comment, +1 something, and hope they follow you back.
4. If they refer someone who's drive you recover, call them and thank them / ask who to send the 10% commission check to.
5. Tell them about the 20% commission they could be getting if they become a partner (and are willing to put an image/link to your site on their homepage)
6. Linkbuilding, Content Building, SEO, the works. (best long term strategy for getting distant work and random customers).

I'd say that right now 60% of my work is from the PC repair shops and 40% from the web or past clients referrals. I'm hoping with more SEO work to get those numbers to flip so I'm getting more from the online.

HaQue

The untapped market is the people that have something die, but assume it is too hard, not recoverable, too expensive, too hard (insert more lame excuses here).

This is the group I think would be good to get customers from.

I have had many jobs just talking about what I do and someone says "actually I have a dead SD Card.. what do you think.."

I do the same as you with PC shops. I actually expected more customers but really it is amazing how little jobs are out there compared to number of devices in circulation.

The following up after a job is very worthwhile.