New Forum Theme

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Been working this out for a few days. Trying to make the forum blend better into the rest of my site. Also expect some other layout changes. I'm not removing any forums, but possibly re-arranging to make it easier to navigate.

Let me know what you think of the new forum theme. :D

Also, if you don't like it you can always go back from within your user control panel. The old prosilver theme is still in there.

LarrySabo

I really don't notice any difference. Maybe I browse too many similar phpBB forums to realize just what is different, have poor memory, or both.

Edit: Oops! I sure see it now. When do we go back to the old style? This is horrible!

LarrySabo

What I don't like is:
1. too much (vacant) white space
2. washed-out colours.

I have the New Posts bookmarked so go directly to it, but even the main forum index suffers the criticism.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
You have the option now to change it back in your user control panel. ProSilver was the original one.

Though I think I'll be adjusting some of the colors of the new one to make it less washed out and easier on the eyes. So please do check back in a few weeks.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
What's funny is that on my monitors at work, this theme looks really nice. But now, looking at it on my laptop, I agree that it looks really washed out with way too much "white" space. On the other screens it doesn't look that white.

LarrySabo

That's funny. I just noticed today that on a laptop it looks fine, blue colour seem more saturated and the white space doesn't appear so prevalent. Now that I'm on my desktop PC, it looks the same (good), yet I didn't change my profile--tried to but couldn't find the option. In any case, it doesn't need to be change now and looks just fine. Hahaha, that's because it's back the way it looked before you changed it, I think.

The grey font contributed to the washed out look and now it's black.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I'm making changes right now to the colors of the new theme, so that might be why it's looking different. Though if you had set your preferred theme before, it's likely still set.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Alright, what do you think of the color scheme now? A bit easier on the eyes with less white?