New Forum Layout

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
In an effort to streamline the forum and make it less cluttered, I've made several of the forums into sub-forums of other main categories.

For example the PC-3000, Deepspar, & Atola sections are now sub categories of the Data Recovery Tools forum.

I've also added some sections such as new sub categories of the marketplace to include job offers, donor market, tools market. Also I've added a section for data recovery tutorials, where I plan to add some basic information for those less experienced in data recovery to get started. Things like how to use ddrescue to clone a hard drive with bad sectors, etc.

Please let me know your thoughts on the new layout, and I'll adjust to make it easier for you all to use.

P.S. I've been considering adding a permanent link to "view active topics" like you see on hddguru. Is this something you guys would appreciate having? It'll be a bit of work, but I'll do it if you guys want it.

Thanks!

LarrySabo

Looks good. Once there is enough volume, it might be good to break the General Hard Drive Data Recovery forum into sub-forums, like: General, WD, Seagate, etc by brand and rename it Hard Drive Data Recovery. That leaves out refurbishment; don't know if there is enough interest to justify a separate sub-forum on that topic.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
OK, I've separated the General hard drive forum as Larry suggested.

Please keep the suggestions coming.