Netgear X-RAID2 Data Recovery

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
So I'm currently working on a Netgear X-RAID2 that was re-configured and lost the data in the process. Anyone have any idea what stripe size these typically use? Will take forever having to scan each time for the lost filesystem. Thanks!

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
64Kb sounds like. Thanks! I was reading up on that forum before, but must have missed that.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
OK, so what I've gathered so far from my research.

Parity Delay = never used with X-RAID2
Block Size = 64Kb (newer units default) 16Kb (some older units default) although neither seems correct in this case.
Parity Rotation = Left Sync.

This job is just taking forever because it was reconfigured and I'm having to scan about 20Gb each time I try a new setting to see the results. Getting really bored of it. :roll:

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Hey now, don't be quoting me to me. :lol:

At this point I'm trying to figure this out, out of shear spite.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Can they smell rage? Because that's what this one has me feeling right now. I haven't been beat by a RAID yet, but this one is getting close :oops: .

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
It wasn't my project, I was just remotely helping another guy who couldn't figure it out. I ended up giving up that day, and I never heard back from him. I'm guessing the amount of time that it was going to require wasn't justifiable by what the customer was willing to pay.