Need to log in every visit

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Try clearing your browser cookies. I had to change settings with that to send them over SSl, so maybe your browser is still trying to use an out of date one.

LarrySabo

Thanks for the suggestion, Jared. No change. It's obviously something with my system/browser, so not worth anyone wasting more time on. Not a big deal, since LastPass logs me in automatically each visit. Weird thing is, it didn't always do this, so I thought perhaps it had something to do with the SSL change you made.

LarrySabo

Edit: The problem seems to be cured. I usually use a link on my Bookmarks Toolbar that I created some time ago, that does a search for new posts, vs opens the forum directory. I just replaced that link with the link for new posts that appears in the "Quick links" shortcut at the top left of the forum page, and now it doesn't prompt for a login each visit.

I think the original link was "https://www.data-medics.com/forum/search.php?search_id=newposts&sid=75d1ba133e041533d5bf4bc84973225c"
and the new link is "https://www.data-medics.com/forum/search.php?search_id=newposts." Looking at yesterday's browser history, the links were similar to the first I mentioned, but had slightly different SID's, so maybe that was at the root of the problem. Anyway, it's fixed now.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I think the "&sid=75d1ba133e04153........" part is referencing the cookie used to keep you logged in, which probably doesn't exist any longer. I'm guessing sid stands for Session ID.

jol

Jared":1yuzrqtq said:
Now I seem to be having this issue on the forum.
try
clearing your browser cookies. I had to change settings with that to send them over SSl, so maybe your browser is still trying to use an out of date one.
or maybe you have a wrong link like
Yes, I think the "&sid=75d1ba133e04153........" part is referencing the cookie used to keep you logged in, which probably doesn't exist any longer. I'm guessing sid stands for Session ID.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Lol, already tried that. Is it doing this to everyone else now??? I'm wondering if it's the social login plugin.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Actually it seems to be just this computer, and not just my site. Hddguru and even Google are both constantly logging me out on this machine both in Firfox and in Chrome. But on my other workstations it's fine... stupid Windows updates are probably the cause. I usually keep them off but I wanted my free Win 10 upgrade on this machine.