Need donor for ST3000DM001

Freakazoid

Will try to tak off ROM and read it tomorrow. I'm getting error..

Attachments

• Skjermbilde 2018-10-25 kl. 20.44.41.png
    Skjermbilde 2018-10-25 kl. 20.44.41.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 2,293

Freakazoid

Jared":121ius71 said:
[post]12077[/post]
Freakazoid":121ius71 said:
Ohh sorry its my fault. :? will upload the right one soon.

No worries, you actually just gave me a new research project since I don't know how to pull the preamp directly from ROM on this specific one. Trying to figure that out now.

Well, something good came out of it :D

Freakazoid

pclab":82hx8698 said:
[post]12096[/post] PREAMP B7 04.
I had one here, but already used and damaged...

I dont need a damaged :p thanks for checking. anyway can I ask how/where you see preamp type ?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Freakazoid":5cejf07i said:
how/where you see preamp type ?

Ace outlined a method to check it here on their blog: https://blog.acelaboratory.com/pc-3000- ... rsion.html

I just spent a few days analyzing patterns in the hex to easily search for and recognize the head map in ROM. So now some of us know how to quickly check in ROM w/o even needing to open the ROM in PC-3000. Eventually, I may write a program to attempt to automatically pull it out. Just a matter of finding the time.

Freakazoid

Jared":1207kzmi said:
[post]12113[/post]
Freakazoid":1207kzmi said:
how/where you see preamp type ?

Ace outlined a method to check it here on their blog: https://blog.acelaboratory.com/pc-3000- ... rsion.html

I just spent a few days analyzing patterns in the hex to easily search for and recognize the head map in ROM. So now some of us know how to quickly check in ROM w/o even needing to open the ROM in PC-3000. Eventually, I may write a program to attempt to automatically pull it out. Just a matter of finding the time.

Thanks @Jared. hopefully on day I have earned enough money to buy pc3000. at the moment I only have DFL 4x PCIe. I have PC-3000 Flash at the moment.