MRT Still Trading?

alfarom

All of MRT Labs websites seem to be down and someone has told me his online version has stopped worked. Sounds like they've stopped trading..

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe, though it looks like someone just forgot to pay their hosting subscription. My guess is by tomorrow they'll realize their site is down, pay their bill and it'll all be fine.

Their update/activation server is probably using their domain, so it makes sense it wouldn't work if they don't pay for their hosting.

alfarom

It's not a mistake the IT guy would wan't to make at eBay or Amazon in the West, if that's the case. God only knows what will happen over in China for such a mistake.. I think they've gone for good..

alfarom

MRT Labs have just skyped me saying the IT guy is sorting out the domain renewal. Doesn't sound great to me but we'll see.

alfarom

Websites are back up and running. Looks like somebody forgot to renew the domain. I get quite a few reminders for my websites before they expire. Somebody let things slip at MRT...

lcoughey

This is the second time that they were down in the past couple of months. The first time was due to not paying the hosting fees, I do believe. It happens to the best of us, so nothing too much to get upset about. Though, I did suggest to them on skype that they consider giving online users a 7 day bonus for the inconvenience of being unable to work for a full day, assuming some users are dependent on their MRT system.