MRT Review - what do you want to see tested?

hdd00

Hi Luke

Please do test HM in Ram in WD utility, but for 5-6 family,especially the last ones.Also do a test for reading ROM thru usb for some drives...I was having an unpleasant surprise when I tried that on a FBLite for ex.

More will come .
Rgds

lcoughey

hdd00":3ezgz2ct said:
Hi Luke

Please do test HM in Ram in WD utility, but for 5-6 family,especially the last ones.Also do a test for reading ROM thru usb for some drives...I was having an unpleasant surprise when I tried that on a FBLite for ex.

More will come .
Rgds
It seems to me that you already have an MRT system. It is probable that these functions are still lacking, but don't forget that you chose to buy a system that is significantly cheaper than PC3000 and shouldn't be surprised that it won't be as good.

I think we all (especially me) need to chill and remember that when we buy these tools, the developers don't owe us anything. That is, how many actual data recovery labs would exist if these tools were not commercially available and custom in-house solutions had to be produced by each lab on their own?

Just like the employee who complains because he doesn't get paid enough. The easy solution is to quit and start your own business and pay yourself whatever you want.

hdd00

lcoughey":33wkhrwp said:
[post]7336[/post] It is probable that these functions are still lacking
Hi

When you pay 4k$ on a tool you would expect that at least the basic functions to work....I tried on a Denali full working hdd and it was fail to give a correct HM in Ram.

lcoughey

hdd00":2uya876y said:
[post]7337[/post] When you pay 4k$ on a tool you would expect that at least the basic functions to work....I tried on a Denali full working hdd and it was fail to give a correct HM in Ram.
Yeah...it can be frustrating, for sure. But, they all have their issues. The big question is, "are they willing/able to work with their clients to come up with a fix within a reasonable amount of time?"

lcoughey":1f2wdeud said:
[post]7338[/post] Yeah...it can be frustrating, for sure. But, they all have their issues. The big question is, "are they willing/able to work with their clients to come up with a fix within a reasonable amount of time?"

the big question from my opinion will they support there tools and enhance them continuously or will end up like salvation data did?

pclab

abedalkareem":3htza0xa said:
[post]7342[/post]
lcoughey":3htza0xa said:
[post]7338[/post] Yeah...it can be frustrating, for sure. But, they all have their issues. The big question is, "are they willing/able to work with their clients to come up with a fix within a reasonable amount of time?"

the big question from my opinion will they support there tools and enhance them continuously or will end up like salvation data did?

That's one of the things I have being hammering them.
The support is not the best.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Have they responded yet? :lol:

I'm OK with a lack of one on one support, as long as they continue to update the product. Ace will always be my primary tool, but I wouldn't mind picking up an MRT or two just as extra stations for the easy cases. But, if they pull a Salvation Data maneuver and completely stop updating the system, it'll become a brick in a few years.