MRT Pros and Cons

pclab

I will make a silly comparison, but for me is like this:

PC3K is like the cockpit of a Jumbo 747.
MRT is like a Cessna.
They both can fly, but PC3K has allot of things that takes along time to master. At least to me....

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
nissimezra":1vfzhdac said:
Jared":1vfzhdac said:
I'm wondering if someone (maybe Brian) who actually owns MRT along with other tools like PC-3000 could give a basic breakdown of the good and bad of MRT compared with other tools.

I know it's not as good as PC-3000, but at the price I've considered getting one as just a fallback when both channels are tied upon my other station.
might be interesting
https://www.recoveryforce.com/mrt-review-part-1/

Yes, I've been following Lukes comparison and reviews. I've actually spent a fair amount of time working with MRT remotely for other guys who have the system and have needed remote support from someone more experienced.

It's definitely a tool with potential. It's a far cry from seriously competing with PC-3000. I could never do without my PC-3000 in this business, but I did actually buy an MRT system to just have some extra channels for imaging drives and for a couple unique features I noticed that PC-3000 doesn't seem to have. Whether or not they'll prove useful is yet to be determined, but it's not a tool we should write off completely. It may have it's place in the data recovery lab yet.

lcoughey

I do plan to do more reviews, particularly of their take on DE. I just keep hoping that an update will roll through some improvements...but, it seems that I will be waiting forever.

It is a little slower here right now, thanks to Canada Post rotating strikes over the past few weeks. Maybe I should charge it now and grab some screenshots and short video clips.

Any requests for things to show with regards to their imaging capabilities?

nissimezra

Jared":2drxyzgr said:
nissimezra":2drxyzgr said:
Jared":2drxyzgr said:
I'm wondering if someone (maybe Brian) who actually owns MRT along with other tools like PC-3000 could give a basic breakdown of the good and bad of MRT compared with other tools.

I know it's not as good as PC-3000, but at the price I've considered getting one as just a fallback when both channels are tied upon my other station.
might be interesting
https://www.recoveryforce.com/mrt-review-part-1/

Yes, I've been following Lukes comparison and reviews. I've actually spent a fair amount of time working with MRT remotely for other guys who have the system and have needed remote support from someone more experienced.

It's definitely a tool with potential. It's a far cry from seriously competing with PC-3000. I could never do without my PC-3000 in this business, but I did actually buy an MRT system to just have some extra channels for imaging drives and for a couple unique features I noticed that PC-3000 doesn't seem to have. Whether or not they'll prove useful is yet to be determined, but it's not a tool we should write off completely. It may have it's place in the data recovery lab yet.
Thank you for the valuable info my friend.
So far I'm very happy with @maximus tool, It increased significantly my success.
Thx

nissimezra

lcoughey":4q9f7t0d said:
I do plan to do more reviews, particularly of their take on DE. I just keep hoping that an update will roll through some improvements...but, it seems that I will be waiting forever.

It is a little slower here right now, thanks to Canada Post rotating strikes over the past few weeks. Maybe I should charge it now and grab some screenshots and short video clips.

Any requests for things to show with regards to their imaging capabilities?
Any review is welcome for new comers.

I saw that your problem was an anti virus that caused MRT to fail, My opinion a data recovery computer shouldn't have anti virus at all. I even disabled windows defender in all windows 10 computers.