MRT HM in Ram WD Utility

hdd00

Hi guys

I posted this on hddguru too but no answer there ...Maybe someone will help me here. So:

I want to ask the one of you guys who own MRT software:
I have MRT Express (with DE) version brought about 15 days ago, so I'm new to this tool. I have installed the latest version of software and started to play with it. I've tested some utilities from Hitachi, Samsung and Seagate and all was ok (at least until now).

I have a WD drive , WD5000LPVX-80V0TT0 with a weak head. Enter the Marwell utility, all is ok, hdd have ID ,full sector access but of course , sectors form H1 are read slowly because H1 is weak. Now I wanted to do Head map in Ram and , to my surprise, when I press "RAM headmap edit" button , hdd make a loud click, go to busy make another click , hdd goes ready and utility say "Read Ram data Err!".

I tested a few more times and no difference. Seeing this I started to test more WD drives to see if I can get a result or not. So I tested on a FbLite, Mariner , Denali, Jamaica , Sadle G6 and a DF2_PL4K and the only one that worked was the DF2 drive (all drives are in good conditions, with full sector access but a lot of bad sectors). On all other tested drives the utility says "Get Ram Head map Data Err. Advise setting power off and try again".

Now I'm asking: Is there something I do wrong? I need to connect the serial port for HM in RAm to work? (I think not but maybe I'm wrong).
Is there something wrong with my setup or is the software that does not know how to do HM in Ram for these drives?

So , can anyone test that, or already tested and give me a clue?

Rgds

pclab

Hi

MRT still have bugs...
But if the drive ID's well, you can launch Data Extractor, create Headmap there, disable head 1 and image the rest of the heads.

hdd00

Hi
Thanks for reply...The data is already copying with my DDI , that's not a problem, the only problem is, if the WD utility of MRT can do HM in Ram for these new WD's so I know what to expect in the future. I understand it can have bugs but this is a real big bug in my opinion...These hdd's have 4-5 years on the market so I expect that MRT will support them.
Annyone else that can test and give me a clue?

Thanks