MDB Repair Software

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone have a good recommendation for MDB file repair software? Specifically one that's good for database files with bad sectors.

I know there's a million options for this, I'm just curious what other guys have found to be effective. Got a case right now with a few MDB's and I know there's a couple bad sectors in them. Suspect they'll want them repaired.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
[glow=green]Bump![/glow]

I finally after a second head swap got a good read on that database file. Only 14 bad sectors now, but I'm still looking for a good MDB repair tool as I know this won't be the last time it'll arise. Even if it's a few bucks, I'm more concerned that it works well.

Recommendations?

w.simon

Here too like Hipo, those files are handled by the software develloper team, then if needed they migrate it to the last version.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I'm doubting the team is even still around. This is from an antique 20GB drive that was being used in a city funeral home. The city's own IT department didn't even know about this computer, which is why it wasn't being backed up.

Fortunately after enough retries I managed to get a full read of the MDB with no unread sectors. :D

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
richardberry568":3jzdtm9n said:
You can simply try Kernel for Access database recovery software for easy and accurate recovery of MDB file. The software is easy-to-use, secure and the most effective third party solution. To know more about the software and to experience its features, visit: http://www.accessrecoverytool.org

I suspect this might be a SPAM post, as it's the user's first post. But, since it's relevant to the question asked, I'll allow it.

SaNaCa

Jared":34atzlzd said:
Anyone have a good recommendation for MDB file repair software? Specifically one that's good for database files with bad sectors.

I know there's a million options for this, I'm just curious what other guys have found to be effective. Got a case right now with a few MDB's and I know there's a couple bad sectors in them. Suspect they'll want them repaired.
Do you really think the guys who recommended 3rd party products here would have really used them? You asked for some help genuinely (maybe), they saw your post and started dropping links here. Instead of asking for help here, you should've visited CNET site first. You can get many options there along with users' reviews. There are many software vendors who provide such tools with free demo or trial version. Make sure before you can purchase any of them, you must download demo or trial version for free evaluation purpose. By using demo or trial version, you can see what you could possibly recover before you actually pay for the software.

I actually don't know how severe the corruption is there in your MDB database, but still you can try Compact and Repair utility to fix it. There's one more thing you can use here, and that's JetComp.exe. It's also provided by Microsoft. Sometimes if corruption is not that severe, you can try to import corrupt database into a new database file. I haven't tried any of these things personally, I've just found these on this blog post - hxxp://wordpress.semnaitik.com/2013/07/ ... -manually/

So make sure before you're trying any of the tricks shared in the above blog post, take backup of your original database file. Hope the shared information would be helpful for you.

Thanks.

[glow=red]ADMIN NOTE:[/glow] First off, I the administrator of this forum and owner of Data Medics, am the one who posted this question so I can assure you it was a genuinely asked question. A question I directed to other data recovery professionals who often face a different sort of corruption than typical software corruption. You'll also notice I removed your spam link to your blog post. Seems you're trying to sneak a lot of those in, and all from the same blog....coincidence....I doubt it.