Mass influx of thumbdrives showing up

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Is anyone else getting a sudden mass number of thumbdrives? I've had about 5 a day showing up this week which is more than I usually see in two weeks.

HaQue

Yes, I have started seeing more come in. I think it is due to the price dropping so much there is a huge amount in circulation.

lcoughey

I had a huge spike last fall, but they have slowed down for me lately. Could be because my posted prices are higher than what people want to pay, but that is okay. I need to keep my lights on and be able to pay staff to actually do the work.

HaQue

Yes Luke, problem with flash recoveries is they can be VERY time consuming. Most people try and somehow relate the recovery cost with the actual device cost.. which is 2 figures totally unrelated to each other!

pclab

I had a few too last days/weeks.
I haven't invested on a Flash tool yet, because the problem is that very very few clients are willing to pay more that 30/40€ to recover a flash drive.
If that doesn't pay the time, how will it pay the tool?
For now, it's not on my plans...

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
pclab":2vtk6oyn said:
I haven't invested on a Flash tool yet, because the problem is that very very few clients are willing to pay more that 30/40€ to recover a flash drive.

Agreed, that's why for now i just offer to mail them to Luke and let him deal with it. :D

pclab":sa6qifw2 said:

PClab ,
I Have PC 3000 Flash .Well worth The Pricing And Amazing Auto analysis For Many Many Models . :mrgreen:

pclab

Hi Amarbir

Yeah, but how many cards/flash drives do you have to recover to pay the time and the tool??
For me, it's still not a option.