Looking for help swapping ROM

brandon.robison

Hello everyone. I have 2 years of family pics/vids I am trying to save. Screwdriver went into the PCB while attempting to swap the case and rendered a need for a new PCB. I has the Toshiba G003329A? and found the capatibke boards confirmed working are the G003235B or G003235C. I just purchased a 3235C from eBay after attempting to swap to a 3235B I had. Ended up with trembling hands and inability to compete..incomplete solder and pulled a few pads. I did flux prior to attempting heating. Didn’t use crazy high temps but did blow off an adjacent tiny chip right next to the bios from the air stream direction and have decided to give up. Wondering if anyone might be willing to try seating the ROM for me for a fee? I can ship all the parts; just in medical school and have very little time and knowledge of this operation. I just really don’t want to lose my data.

The bios chip I removed is has a metal plate underneath it, and does not have the nice “legs” that you see many have in YouTube videos. It has the 4 metal contacts on each side, but are nearly flush with the chip. Heating and setting seems like still could be the easy fix here, but I do not trust m limited knowledge and skill. Just seeking help, as I have no idea where to go for something like this.

Thank you.