log file... show number of bad sectors

Sam

In data extractor, in the report generated when saving files, along with the list of files with bad/unreadable sectors, is there a way to show the number of bad/unreadable sectors in each file?

I like how the DDI reports this information when saving files; I would think the PC3K would have the same functionality.

Sam

For future reference... this is the reply I received from ACE:

The counting of the number of bad sectors in each file for displaying in the report results was not planned when creating the DE program.
Accordingly, there is no possibility to store and transmit a cell with this data in the DE program.

lcoughey

In theory, you could export the DE task to DDI and then use DRE to generate the report, though I'm not sure if they fixed the conversion process in the latest DRE update since ACE broke it with their last DE update.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I'm surprised that Ace hasn't developed a more Forensics centered version of DE with more logging and features like this. They'd probably sell a lot of those systems.

I guess they probably just figure that the ability to export to an Encase file will suffice since that program can then generate all that logging from that.

Georgetech

There're 3 ways to check bad sectors on Hard Drive or SSD, they are:
Partition Manager Macrorit to Check Bad Sectors
Check Bad Sectors from Command Prompt
Check Bad Sectors in Partition Properties

But for log files i don t now.