Is SSL Really Good for SEO

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I know Google announced that they will be giving a boost to sites using SSL, but so far I'm not seeing positive benefits:

Chart.jpg

Maybe it just needs time to stabilize, but for now it seems to be killing my number of impressions in organic search.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
OMG, I'm so retarded. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't realize webmaster tools treats the SSL version as a completely different site. That one's up 1000% from last month. :D

I was starting to seriously panic.

HaQue

I think it has gone live now where they also are giving more weight to sites that are responsive (designed to suit mobile devices as well).

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, supposedly that rolled out a couple days ago. Should only affect results if searching from a mobile device thought. They say it won't affect computer based searches.

kshiteej12

SSL certificate is really important in SEO ([glow=red]SPAM LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN[/glow]). If Your site having an SSL certificate then the user gets more trust upon your site.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
kshiteej12":39x99mzt said:
SSL certificate is really important in SEO. If Your site having an SSL certificate then the user gets more trust upon your site.

Thanks for the necro-post. But, you'll need to be a lot more active before we'll let you spam a link in here. ;)

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
kshiteej12":3kw5iv18 said:
SSL certificate is really important in SEO ([glow=red]SPAM LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN[/glow]). If Your site having an SSL certificate then the user gets more trust upon your site.

And I see you've already come back and attempted to SPAM a link into the post... BANHAMMER TIME!!!!