Ipad 3, 4 Data Recovery

I have always try as much as I can to reject Ipad Recovery. But I have this two from Security Agency here in Nigeria, for Recovery.
The Ipads are disabled (I guess the owner gave them a wrong password). They want all the contents of the Ipads, (Images and video specifically). Can I get the files after Reset ? because there is no backup anywhere, and What application can I invest on for that ?. I have Dr. Fone for IOS.

Thank you.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure the data is encrypted, so if you do a reset it's going to generate a new random key and the data will be permanently lost. Is it possible? Yes, it's possible. The FBI working along with the people who made CellBrite were able to hack that one phone belonging to that terrorist. All at the affordable price tag of $218,000 for one phone (reference: http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/31/technol ... fbi-phone/)

Tell your client that if it's worth that much per device, you'll work out a deal to get it done. :D I'm sure they'll do it for a bit less now that they've already put the R&D into it. And in case you're wondering, no their commercial tools can't unlock iphones or ipads that have the security set up. I've inquired about this with them several times.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, it looks like they do now offer that as a service: http://www.cellebrite.com/Pages/cellebr ... s7-devices

It's funny because they deny being the party that unlocked that phone for the FBI, yet they had a mysterious $218,000 contract signed with the FBI on the same day the FBI announced they had a company who could do it. And, they now offer it as a service too. :lol:

They must have a contractual agreement that they can never admit they are the company that unlocked it.

WilliamMiller

It seems there are many ways to get back the data from the iPad, you can store it from iTunes or use a data recovery app, but in some case, you need to pay for it. You can not avoid missing data after hard reset your Apple device no matter what iPad models you are using.

[mod=w.simon]Edited to disable the link[/mod]