Introduction of MRT Pro

MRT Lab

Overview
Created by the innovators at MRT Lab, MRT Pro is a combination of software and hardware that specializes in both HDD repair and data recovery. Comprised of two parts, the hardware aspect has a special MRT SATA controller card equipped with two SATA ports, which allows two HDDs to be repaired simultaneously, as well as some additional accessories. On the software side, MRT Pro has 13 specialized utilities for disk repair and data explore on HDDs from various manufacturers, architectures and families. Through the advanced hardware and software technology, the repair of HDDs, recovery of firmware can be conducted at factory mode where firmware and microcode is accessible and also user data can be retrieved.
MRT Pro currently supports HDD families of products from various manufacturers including but not limited to Western Digital, Seagate, Hitachi (including the original series and the newer ARM series), Fujitsu, Samsung and Maxtor.

Highlighted Features
• PCI-Express 2.0 Interface with two native SATA 2.0 ports and one IDE port
• Support of all IDE (CE, CF, ZIF), SATA (MICRO SATA) interface HDDs
• Support 1.8 inch, 2.5 inch, and 3.5 HDDs with a capacity of up to 5TB
• One-click automatic HDD diagnostic repair module
• Efficient USB terminal that can work with Seagate F3 serial HDDs
• Support Flash ROM programming unit
• Support the recovery of corrupted firmware in HDDs
• Support the ability to unlock and reset hard drive password (i.e. decrypt the hard drive)
• Support data recovery and HDDs repair due to failed read/write heads
• Support virtual head map technology
• Support the repair of HDDs with physically-damaged sectors
• Support disk imaging, imaging by selective head, file recovery
• Support Head map editing in RAM for data recovery
• Review defect tables (P-list, G-list, T-list, etc.)
• Load service information access program – LDR
• Hide found defects of magnetic surface
• Provide direct read and write to Seagate SA track
• Forward and reverse scan and directly recover data from bad sectors
• Provide MFT Scan to recover accidentally deleted files

Data Transfer Rates
• Compliant with SATA 2.0 standard with speed up to 150MB/s for SATA ports
• Compliant with the UDMA66 standard with speed up to 66MB/s for IDE port

Software Upgrades
MRT Lab regularly updates its software to fix possible bugs, add functionality, reflect changes in standards and respond to new HDD firmware issues. We are committed to provide first-class user experience with our data recovery tools.

Purchase
Depending on your preference, the software can be purchased either as an offline version or online version.

An offline version of MRT PRO allows you to install and use the software on a computer without Internet access. The price for offline version is $3,360 (excluding postage). However, we offer a one-month trial for $360 plus postage. For only $360, you will receive a trial version of MRT PRO as well as the MRT SATA controller card and accessories. If you are satisfied with our product after the trial period, you can pay the remaining balance of $3,000 to upgrade the software to a full offline version.

We are also pleased to offer an installment plan for purchasing the online version of the software. After installing the online version of the software, the computer must be connected to the Internet to access MRT PRO. The trial price for the online version of MRT PRO is $360 (excluding postage). Once we receive the initial payment, we will ship you the hardware, and you can then download and activate the software on our website. If you are satisfied with our product after the first month, you can pay in monthly installments of $150 for the next 23 months, which is $360 + $150x23 = $3810. After completing the payments, you will have an offline version of MRT PRO.

The price of MRT Pro disk repair version (without DE) is $1900.

Technical Support
We offer free technical support for 1 year after sales. If you have any problem using our products, you can contact us for solutions by e-mail, Skype, QQ etc. We can also offer you remote assistance if needed. Additionally, we established a forum for our users to communicate and ask questions: http://forum.mrtlab.com/.

Contact Us
If you have any questions about MRT Pro, please feel free to contact us.
E-mail: [email protected] [email protected]
QQ: 2693828612

lcoughey

How does MRT Pro handle USB only hard drives? It would be nice to see MRT and/or PC3K introduce a USB 3 interface that bypasses the host OS.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
lcoughey":2ciwzfjp said:
How does MRT Pro handle USB only hard drives? It would be nice to see MRT and/or PC3K introduce a USB 3 interface that bypasses the host OS.

+1 that. If you beat Ace Lab to that feature you'll make a believer out of me.

lcoughey

I'm just glad I have the DDI USB add-on. I've plugged drives into my PC3K systems...wait 1/2 hour and windows still hasn't given up and PC3K can't communicate with the drive. But, the drive detects almost instantly and reads on DDI. But, on top of the DDI gives allows for all the same read control via USB as it does via SATA. So, I can do the head map, adjust how to read (UDMA 6,5,4,3,2,1,0, DMA, PIO, Forward, Reverse and dozens of other controls that just don't exist when mirroring a USB drive in DE.

LarrySabo

The DFL-URE does much/most of those functions and isn't bogged down by the the OS. No idea how speed compares with the DDI add-on. I have one but get so little DR business, I haven't had an opportunity to put it to much use yet. It seems pretty fast on the 1TB My Passport I just tried selective imaging on. At $1,999 USD it is close to the cost of the DDI USB add-on, I understand.

MRT Lab

lcoughey":3l78mnfo said:
Users can connect USB disk to host, and use MRT Pro to do file image if the disk can be identified by host.
We've thought about introducing a USB interface that bypasses the host OS. We need to do some research into it.

lcoughey

MRT Lab":1ly103jg said:
Users can connect USB disk to host, and use MRT Pro to do file image if the disk can be identified by host.
We've thought about introducing a USB interface that bypasses the host OS. We need to do some research into it.
The problem is, there is little advantage to using MRT to image via the host OS. We'd be better of cloning with ddrescue in Linux where the host OS doesn't interfere with drive communication.

When I clone a USB drive, I want all the same functionality I have with a SATA drive and this just simply cannot be done when the host OS is in between. It just shows the brilliance of Andrei at DeepSpar who developed the USB add-on for DDI and, even after a couple years, nobody else has come close to replicating it.