Identify WD Marvel Families by Code After The Dash

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Explanation. The WD family code is found in the part of the model after the dash, usually in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th characters. So for example in a model such as WD5000AAKS-40V6A0 the family code is V6A, and as you can see below belongs to Tahoe family.

This can be helpful for finding other models that belong to the same family and will be compatible for heads and PCB replacement.

Please feel free to post below any ones that I may have missed or if you see any mistakes. Thanks!

For older families, please visit this thread on DeepSpar Forum: http://www.deepspar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1295 (Thanks to Yarek)

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
For some reason G+ loves your face Larry. Every time I plus one a thread you've posted in it picks your picture. Maybe Google's algorithm favors human faces.

LarrySabo

Strange, because I deleted my G+ accounts, figuring that face probably scares off potential customers. It's still my profile picture for my Facebook account, which I share with just immediate family, so maybe that's it. (Also, it's the same picture I use for my avitar in several forums.)

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Can someone please confirm for me whether ..A6B. and ..A7B. are Atlantis or Mars? I don't seem to have one here, but I see PC-3000 pcr files which have it listed in both families... very odd.

Also ..HXZT. is it Shasta 2D or Zephyr?

Hello ,
WD10EZEX-60WN4A0 [ TRESXLB2 ] .Also can someone tell me what family is this " WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 " ?

PS ; Found Out The One i Was Interested Was TRESXLB .So Jared Please Update This Sheet

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I've got a lot I need to add. I just haven't been getting around to updating it.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I just finally did a major update to this list. Added a few families and quite a number of new after-the-dash codes to the sheet. If you see any missing or learn of new ones, please do post them below and I'll continue to update it.