Huawei Phone NAND Encryption

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone know if Huawei Android phones encrypt the memory? I've got one here that's totally smashed and will definitely need chip-off. Just don't want to waste time if it's encrypted anyway.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Update, I've identified and removed the NAND and it's a SD5DH26A-4G.

Anyone have an adapter for this or want to work on one? Flash isn't really my thing, but the customer really wants the data back.

HaQue

This is eMMC, the NAND can probably be read by using the info at the PSP Vita NAND reading page.. on the way to work, can link later if you can't find it..
I am about to do one later today or tomorrow.. but my holdup was getting a good .8v voltage source. I ordered a 0-30vdc lab benchtop power supply

jol

ScotchBroth":117eyw2s said:
Do yo have any idea what the Phone model or version of android could have been?
i don't know why this information is interesting you, but even if you do find out the information, if one day you came across the same model... don't be surprised if you find a different flash chip inside.

HaQue

jol":1ymq4jyj said:
ScotchBroth":1ymq4jyj said:
Do yo have any idea what the Phone model or version of android could have been?
i don't know why this information is interesting you, but even if you do find out the information, if one day you came across the same model... don't be surprised if you find a different flash chip inside.

Yes, But I think it is more related to different versions of Android handling encryption differently.

ScotchBroth

Yes, But I think it is more related to different versions of Android handling encryption differently.

Exactly.

Encryption is handled differently for different versions of android, different models, and different manufacturers. I was Interested so I could research what specific circumstances apply to this phone.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Took a bit to find the model number in this pile of destroyed plastic. haha. It's a H868C model phone.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Good to know. I already outsourced this to Poland (Arvika), and waiting to hear back. I don't have the equipment here to even attempt it, and he's quite an expert in this field.