How to wake wdc which dont have rom chip ?

Hddx

I have WDC which pcb dont have u12 chip
How to wake up this pcb
I dont know why when i write rom original then hdd not spin again

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I think we need more information here of what you've tried. Are you saying that the original PCB never had a U12 chip? And you say you "write ROM original" are you talking about writing it to a donor PCB, back to the original PCB? What tools are you using?

We need 1000% more information if you want us to help.

Hddx

i using dolphin FRP...the WDC model is1.5EADS With pcb number 771642-001 there is no ic rom chip at pcb

i don't know why what happened...?

i just try to get SA when i bypass by dfl methode

then i write back original rom i havebeen backup, but status write Error

then i power on/off hdd cant spin again

i have try using rom chip from other family and soldering into pcb but wont spin either

i don't have same pcb right now, i just want to know are this pcb really can wake up again ?

also i have same cases with wd2000fyyz/ pcb number 771822-004 & WD4000F9YZ PCB NYM 771822-006 which don't have rom chip either this hdd cant spin too

thank you

Hddx

SORRY CORRECTION FOR THIS "also i have same cases with wd2000fyyz/ pcb number 771822-004 & WD4000F9YZ PCB NYM 771822-006 which don't have rom chip either this hdd cant spin too"

PCB has rom chip but after write donor firmware rom, but hdd still not spin...

Freakazoid

if you your PCB don't have ROM chip on U12 i guess the rom is built in on the main controller chip

I guess you can use Dolphin data lab FRP software to back up the ROM from the patient's PCB if it's not shorted.
It should also be possible to write ROM back to the donor PCB.

But I do not quite understand what you're trying?

Attachments

• Skjermbilde 2020-07-17 kl. 21.59.54.png
    Skjermbilde 2020-07-17 kl. 21.59.54.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 391