How to Read ROM Through Terminal on WD My Passport and Elements USB Drives

protech

The SATA is REV A and the USB is REV P1... in the interest of exhausting all possibilities, what would be the next step?

jol

just tried to read the ROM in boot ROM mode on PCB 771672 & 771959 (i assume there is others too) and noticed that it wouldn't connect, so... i found that the TX/RX are located in the middle, so have to use the Toshiba adapter ("not" the samsung) also need to be upside down.
1z2oahe.jpg

sorry i'm terrible in taking pic. and wouldn't mind if someone can upload a better one.

Attachments

• IMG_20151109_105331.jpg
    IMG_20151109_105331.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,678

lcoughey

andrew.strilaeff":2fklm7hw said:
Hi. I was wondering if you can repair the picture in the first post of this Topic.? Thanks!
I'm not totally sure what you are asking. Yes, we are able to recover data data from damaged WD Passports.

lcoughey

Oh...now I get it. When the forum was moved from one server to another, some photo attachments were lost or damaged. Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, Jared no longer has access to the original forum database.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Actually that picture I did have because I was the one who posted it. It's the ones from some other contributors that I didn't have the files to replace the corrupted ones. All better now.