How to connect Android phone's internal storage to computer

This question has been bothering me for a long time.
The Android phones connect computer using MTP, which can do nothing.
How to connect Android phone to computer as a disk? Then I can use data recovery software to scan it.
I have a Xiaomi MI3, I have to wipe the bootloader, and then the phone become a disk, but you only have one chance to connect(You have to reflash all the phone's system to make the phone boot when you disconnect it from computer).
Some one hit me to make a disk image, but I think it is impossible - usually a phone has 64GB memory, and the speed of make a image is about 4MB/s :oops: It need to much time to recovery several photos......
My English is poor, so I don't know how to describe my problems, sorry..

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of phones you can't recover data until you first root the phone. If the phone is new, there might not be a known root method yet. I know I've had a few where I simply had to tell them to put their phone aside until the technology catches up if they want the data back.

Jared":3thokc84 said:
A lot of phones you can't recover data until you first root the phone. If the phone is new, there might not be a known root method yet. I know I've had a few where I simply had to tell them to put their phone aside until the technology catches up if they want the data back.
My Android phone is already rooted, is there some way to connect?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
You mentioned in an earlier post that you are able to image the phone memory, so you obviously have access to the memory then I assume? It may be slow to image, but scanning for lost data will take just as long if not longer if you do it directly from the phone. 4Mb/s might sound slow, but should finish in about a day. So what's the problem? You'll have to do it to locate lost data anyway.

Jared":cjg8df6b said:
You mentioned in an earlier post that you are able to image the phone memory, so you obviously have access to the memory then I assume? It may be slow to image, but scanning for lost data will take just as long if not longer if you do it directly from the phone. 4Mb/s might sound slow, but should finish in about a day. So what's the problem? You'll have to do it to locate lost data anyway.

I make image using adb shell dd, and use net to transfer, so the phone is still power on, I think that will destory data...... So I want to connect phone to computer, like connect a hard disk.... I think if connect as a disk, it will be much faster, at least 20M/s....

HaQue

serenaclairegreat":1q7ecz0b said:
What kind of android phone you are using? download the USB driver for your phone and it should be able to connect.

scroll up:
1400700226":1q7ecz0b said:
pclab":1q7ecz0b said:
Try to first install the phone's USB drivers. Maybe it get's detected.

I have installed correctly, it detected as MTP...

well, what's your phone brand? every brand has the sync app. Samsung has Samsung Kies. HTC has sync manger. try to download the right one for your.