HGST HTS541010A7E630

Navafigo

I have this hard disk model but the board does not work or is detected.

I have a donor with the same characteristics, but when I put the bios of the original, it still does not detect anything. Is there any way to get the rom modules out of the original? How is your safe mode?

pclab

When you mean BIOS, you mean NVRAM?
How are you doing: replacing the chip or reading from patient and writing on donor?

Navafigo

As Bios I mean the chip circled in the attached Photo.
I can't read anything from de original PCB because it doesn't work. I tried the patient's bios with the donor PCB, and it doesn't work. I also tried the donor Bios with the Patient PCB, getting the same result. Before that Itried the donor, it was working and I saved all modules and ROM

DSC_1111.JPG

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Just a few things off the top of my head.

1. Are you sure the NVRAM (what you're calling BIOS) was soldered back on in the right direction and didn't accidentally get flipped upside down?
2. Are you sure you have the correct PCB version
3. Do you know if the drives have the same headmap? If it doesn't detect all the heads it's expecting it may not spin by design.

It could also be something like short circuited read/write heads, shorted motor windings, or even a seized spindle preventing it from spinning up.

jol

LarrySabo":vxl40ye3 said:
[post]9323[/post]
Navafigo":vxl40ye3 said:
[post]9320[/post] As Bios I mean the chip circled in the attached Photo.
I would suggest checking the solder job. That chip looks skewed, to my eyes.
+1
if its still alive

Navafigo

Thank you for all your answers. This work came manipulated from another laboratory.

I have tried all the variants and the result was negative

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, so who knows what's actually going on then. For all we know that could be a Seagate ROM chip on there, or a blank one.

Do you have an external programmer so you can try reading the chip and see what (if anything) it contains?