HFS catalogue file corrupted

LarrySabo

At 470 Euros ($757 CAD/$578 USD) for the Professional, Commercial version, it's certainly not cheap. Only the commercial version is licensed for use in a data recovery business. I guess if you can live without some of the Professional-version features, the Standard, Commercial license would be more reasonable, at 70 Euros ($113 CAD/$86 USD). The differences are are accessed via the Compare Features link on this page.

Blizzard

Larry, the Recovery Explorer RAID edition is very reasonable for the commercial license and you can install on 10 computers for up to 10 users. It's listed for less than the Corporate license, which doesn't allow providing of services. Maybe they figure corporate users have more money?

LarrySabo

Hi David. Yes, that's true. it's 180 Euros/ $290 CAD/ $221 USD for the RAID, Corporate Commercial license, which is what I would need given that I would use it for providing DR service to others. I rarely use UFS Explorer and ReclaiMe Ultimate, for which I have licenses, so adding another recovery program I would rarely use is hard to justify.

I'll have to inquire about a possible discount to upgrade from my UFS license.

Blizzard

LarrySabo":2mf5ii46 said:
Hi David. Yes, that's true. it's $290 CAD/ $221 USD for the RAID, Corporate license, which is what I would need given that I would use it for providing DR service to others. I rarely use UFS Explorer and ReclaiMe Ultimate, for which I have licenses, so adding another recovery program I would rarely use is hard to justify.
Understood, but for anyone following along, you would want the "Commercial" license to provide services, and it is cheaper than the "Corporate" license.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, for me the $560 or so dollars I paid quickly paid for itself. I had run the demo on a few cases where I was getting terrible results (mostly HFS+ ccases) in other software and it was able to rebuild near perfect file/folder structure. That's what prompted me to buy it and I'm glad I did. I've gotten a lot of use out of it.

Most any Linux or FreeBSD NAS RAID it can instantly recognize the settings and browse it with no configuration necessary. It's easily paid for itself in the time it's saved me there alone.

But, it just depends on the quantity of cases you're doing whether it'd be worth it or not.

LarrySabo

LarrySabo":mltgb3bp said:
[post]10088[/post]
I'll have to inquire about a possible discount to upgrade from my UFS license.

Talking to myself but the answer is "yes." They offered me a discount of 50% off the Standard and 33% off the RAID versions to upgrade from my UFS Explorer Standard Business license. (I didn't ask about the Pro version.). I notice they currently charge 120 Euros for UFS Explorer Standard Business V5.24 -- which is 50 Euros more than the price for the comparable Recovery Explorer Standard Commercial yet it doesn't recover APFS nor eXFAT file systems like Recovery Explorer does. :?

LarrySabo

I went ahead and bought Recovery Explorer for a job today and what a treat! Recovered the files from the clone of a failing ST3000DM003 that came out of a Seagate Central in a heartbeat. With the 50% discount, it only cost me $54.77 CAD for the Standard Business license upgrade from my UFS Explorer Standard Business.