HFS catalogue file corrupted

slingshot

Thanks Jared you saved the day, once I was able to use a Mac with high Sierra on it, all was good.

I bought R-Explorer and that was pretty good at getting the data out of my APFS DDI image on a Mac with normal Sierra on it.

Customer will be so pleases his stuff is as he remembers it :lol: :lol: :lol:

I might look at upgrading my mac drive std 10 to the pro version (only $30).

:D

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
slingshot":2der6jhr said:
[post]10065[/post] I might look at upgrading my mac drive std 10 to the pro version (only $30).

I'd bet the standard version will add APFS support soon enough. They probably just rushed to get it in the pro version faster.

slingshot

your probably right, I only use mac drive to allow me to generate my file lists for the recovered data on a HFS+ dump, R-Explorer is good enough for me for now :cool:

slingshot

jol":1r08wczb said:
slingshot":1r08wczb said:
Im getting excited as well now due to being in a position to possibly buy a PC3000 next month :D
dont get excited just yet, it has a high learning curve
not to mention the tricks can be done with it (that even ACE lab is not aware of)

Thats ok, I have a mind that works and the ability to learn quite quickly :)

Looking forward to it, thanks for the heads up.

slingshot

Jared":zpdi4pk6 said:
jol":zpdi4pk6 said:
[post]10044[/post] dont get excited just yet, it has a high learning curve

This is very true. But, there are nice people out there (or should I say...on here) that are willing to help you learn. You've just got to be willing to share what you're billing out to the customer with whoever is giving the remote support. :D

Certainly :cool:

I like it on here better than the other place so this would be where I would reach out.

You guys actually help, rather than ridicule.... the help is very much appreciated.

TrumanHW

Hey guys - question for your opinions... I primarily deal with Mac data recovery as the author here does, as well.

I'm trying to determine how to pick between UFS Explorer and Recovery Explorer. How do I even compare these?

Also, I'm in the same boat as stated, and I'm looking for a sparse image and a DMG. Does anyone if theres a header or magic number for sparse images and DMGs ?

Thanks! Truman

TrumanHW

Hey guys - question for your opinions... I primarily deal with Mac data recovery as the author here does, as well.

I'm trying to determine how to pick between UFS Explorer and Recovery Explorer. How do I even compare these?

Also, I'm in the same boat as stated, and I'm looking for a sparse image and a DMG. Does anyone if theres a header or magic number for sparse images and DMGs ?

Thanks! Truman

pclab

Hi Jared

I see that R-Explorer is from the same guys of UFS explorer.
Do you also use UFS?
What's the difference between UFS and R-Explorer??
Does it worth the investement?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I think I just answered this on another thread, but anyway.

Yes, I have both programs. Recovery Explorer is just a newer version of UFS Explorer which I think they've now abandoned for updates. It's got more features now and it's a lot more stable (no more random crashing like I had with UFS).