Hello from beautiful Oregon!

datahaze

Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been doing data recovery for 10 years (logical and ddrescue mainly) but just recently got a PC-3000 and am really diving into the more complex stuff. I'm hoping to meet some of y'all and share and learn with you. Looks like there's a lot of great knowledge distilled on this forum, if anybody has any PC-3000 guides they particularly recommend, I'd love if you could link me to them.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
First off, welcome. Nice to have another state represented here. I keep meaning to write a few PC-3000 beginner guides, but I just never find the time. Maybe one day I'll retire from taking cases and just focus on training and franchising.

But, in the meantime, feel free to ask anything. This forum is much more forgiving to the new guys than the alternatives. People here actually remember that we all had to start somewhere.

Just remember, the time to ask a question is before you try something you're not sure of. Too often new guys try things they don't understand (like running m commands in Seagate terminal) and only ask for help when things get really messed up.

datahaze

Thanks Jared! I believe I've watched a few of the videos you've done if you're the same Data Medics guy on Youtube, they've been super helpful for me thanks for making those : )

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
datahaze":36nrgfdw said:
Thanks Jared! I believe I've watched a few of the videos you've done if you're the same Data Medics guy on Youtube, they've been super helpful for me thanks for making those : )

Yep, that was me. I'm pretty much a one tech shop here. Just the wife and I at the moment. She handles the customers and the money and I handle the cases.