HDDSuperClone

maximus

Try the following command and post back if it works or not (the computer will need internet connection). If it does then I will add this to the next HDDLiveCD release.
sudo apt-get install hfsprogs -y

nissimezra

maximus":3v68s6vr said:
Try the following command and post back if it works or not (the computer will need internet connection). If it does then I will add this to the next HDDLiveCD release.
sudo apt-get install hfsprogs -y
Didn't work on 64 bit version 2.13_20190518 Live

Thanks

maximus

Well, if you figure out what is needed to be installed for it to work, let me know so I can include it. Otherwise I don't know because I don't have any HFS+ to test with.

nissimezra

maximus":avudzhnl said:
Well, if you figure out what is needed to be installed for it to work, let me know so I can include it. Otherwise I don't know because I don't have any HFS+ to test with.
If I knew I would install and letting you know, It's just the user folder that cannot be open.
It's not a big deal anyway but it's nice to have, and Lubuntu is much more user friendly

Thx

maximus

A new version of HDDSuperClone is available. The biggest change is that I have added some diagnostic information to the analyze results to help understand what may be wrong with the drive. It gives a percentage chance of a slow responding issue, partial access issue, and bad or weak head. A video of the new features can be found at the following link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLSf5rHyGPA

HDDSuperClone Changelog

version 2.2.17 20200623
* Added warnings in the SMART results
* Added the slow count to the display during analyze

version 2.2.16 20200620
* Made the analyze results window scrolled
* Added diagnostic information to the analyze results
* Added Current read time to the display
* The Recent read time is now recent instead of current

maximus

I have decided to allow a couple more things in the free version. There are other free tools to view SMART data, so that is now allowed. And since most that use HDDSuperClone have no idea how to understand the results, I am now allowing the first level of the analyze feature.

HDDSuperClone Changelog

version 2.2.18 20201004
* Fixed a bug where the license would not install on some systems
* Fixed a bug in the log output that caused an error with HDDSCViewer
* SMART is now allowed in free version
* Added the Extended Analyze button to the main window
* Removed the Extended Analyze option from Advanced settings
* The regular analyze is now allowed in the free version

maximus

New release with some bug fixes, and the new Rebuild Assist option.

HDDSuperClone Changelog

version 2.2.19 20201115
* Added the advanced option Enable Rebuild Assist
* Added the phase Rebuild Assist
* The identify results now show if rebuild assist is supported
* Added documentation info not to run in a virtual machine
* Fixed an issue with the GUI in desktop UI dark mode
* Fixed an issue with some settings not being accessible in some desktop UI
* Fixed a bug with the skip run count with skip fast enabled

maximus

The best discussion about Rebuild Assist is here:
http://forum.hddguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=30075

I was trying to use it to map heads, but that proved to not be feasible. The current implementation uses it as it was intended in the ATA standard. I utilize its features to skip out of a bad head instantly, assuming the drive knows it has a bad head. Plus it is supposed to minimize background activity. I really don't know how effective it will be. I have a small section in the user manual about it. I am planning on making a video, but have not had the time or ambition yet.

maximus

The user manual page for HDDSuperClone has been disabled by Google:

“This site has been disabled for violations of our Terms of Service. If you feel this disabling was in error, please fill out our appeal form.”

It is a user manual. The only recent change is I added a section for a new feature. WTF Google!!!

I have clicked on the “appeal form” button, which simply submitted an appeal request with no other information (fill out what, all I had was a button). And I had to find out about this from someone visiting the site. There were no emails or messages from Google at all, and if I am in the editing part of the site, it shows up normally with no indication of an issue. So again I say, WTF Google!!!

FYI the user manual is available as a PDF in the download section, for anyone that didn’t already realize that.

I was planning on creating a new website at some time that was not a Google site. I think this is now a sign that it is time to focus more on that. It was a fun ride on the free Google train, but if this is how you treat me, then FU Google! I do think that Google has become a bit too powerful.