HDDSuperClone

maximus

In my recent testing with the virtual driver to extract data, I have found that DMDE works better than R-Studio for integrated data extraction. I just needed to figure out the proper settings in DMDE so that it would continue without constantly stopping with errors.

Along with this discovery, I have also been in contact with the author of DMDE. We are looking at working on some improvements to make our programs work better together. There are no absolute commitments, but I am excited that this could be beneficial for both HDDSuperClone and DMDE. Right now they work together just as they are, in a way that makes them powerful without any sort of direct integration. It can only get better.

I would like to think that the programs working together is in a way like R-Studio working with DeepSpar DDI… except much more affordable :)

maximus

This release adds a feature that allows targeting of used clusters on the disk, or sectors used by certain files, by importing byte (sector) map files created with DMDE while using the virtual disk driver. HDDSuperClone is becoming more powerful at data extraction with the use of DMDE.

Also, the author of DMDE is currently providing me with discount coupons for DMDE to give to those that purchase HDDSuperClone. More info can be found at the following link:
http://www.sdcomputingservice.com/hddsuperclone/dmde

HDDSuperClone Changelog
version 2.2.9 20200126
* Fixed an out of range bug when using a domain
* Added the new option Add to Domain from DMDE bytes file

maximus

Along with this release, I have added DMDE to the HDDLiveCD.

HDDSuperClone Changelog

version 2.2.10 20200202
* Fixed a bug with the log repair taking too long with a big file
* Improved Direct AHCI mode soft/hard reset post processing

maximus

So I released this new version late at night, and before I posted here late today someone had upgraded to this version and found the reset processing change was a useful improvement. Probably the only reason I know is they had a question and emailed me. But that is not the point of this post. Along with the report of better program operation and question, they also said this:
“In any case, thank you again for the fantastic work. I also use RapidSpar, but it very often fails. As in this case. Thanks a lot.”
So someone is using HDDSuperClone Pro to handle a job that RapidSpar fails at. I think I am going to bask in this thought for awhile. Someone is using my $200 software to handle a job that a $2000 hardware tool fails at. I will try not to let this go to my head too bad… (too late)
:cool: :cool: :cool: :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

maximus

New version released.

HDDSuperClone Changelog

version 2.2.11 20200206
* Added the timer option Always wait for reset timers
* Improved Direct AHCI mode to wait for drive ready DRDY

nissimezra

What a great imager you built, I compered it with another imager that costs 3k and its doing the same if not better
Thank you for the life saver tool for small DR company's

maximus

New version released. Along with the program changes, the 64 bit live CD has been updated to lubuntu version 18.04.4 to improve the virtual driver stability. There were some major changes in Linux kernel 5.0 that seem to help to prevent lockups.

HDDSuperClone Changelog
version 2.2.12 20200216
* Fixed an error message when when opening an existing project
* Improved the virtual driver zero fill and marking
* Virtual Driver now works with Linux Kernel 5.3+
* Fixed a program crash when switching modes
* The Erase Destination mode can now be stoped and resumed
* Added information to the manual about the Erase Destination mode
* Added info to the manual about kernel versions with virtual disk driver

maximus

New version released. The biggest improvement is the virtual disk driver is now capable of SCSI I/O, which can be used with DMDE I/O SCSI for improved stability. I also added the ability to change the current position from within the program instead of having to edit the log file, for advanced users that insist that they know where they want it to read from.

HDDSuperClone Changelog
version 2.2.13 20200229
* Internal timeout change in the virtual driver
* Added an advanced option to change the current position
* Improved the virtual disk driver stability
* Added SCSI I/O capability to the virtual driver

nissimezra

maximus":w806xi3r said:
New version released. The biggest improvement is the virtual disk driver is now capable of SCSI I/O, which can be used with DMDE I/O SCSI for improved stability. I also added the ability to change the current position from within the program instead of having to edit the log file, for advanced users that insist that they know where they want it to read from.

HDDSuperClone Changelog
version 2.2.13 20200229
* Internal timeout change in the virtual driver
* Added an advanced option to change the current position
* Improved the virtual disk driver stability
* Added SCSI I/O capability to the virtual driver
Hi Scott
Just wondering why it's not possible to access user folder on Mac hfs+ file system.
I have full access with parted magic and I can copy the files.
I there is any addon to access user folder please post here