HDDSuperClone

Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:39 pm

Yes your are right!

It worked as advertised.

I found that 18.04 would not see the qla2100 fiberchannel card

but 14.04 lubuntu did and worked

Sorry to be such a noob.....
Alandata Data Recovery - (949)287-3282
"Cleanroom Data Recovery of RAID, VMware, Network Attached Storage, Linux, Tape, Disk, Forensics"
www.AlanData.com

maximus
Software Official Rep

HDDSuperClone

Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:21 pm

I am considering stopping my work on HDDSuperClone, and just making it open source with limited or no further support. It is taking up way to much of my free time to maintain and update it, plus the expected support. And only a small number have purchased the pro version. The small amount of extra income I have gained from it is not worth the time and effort. This is not set in stone yet, but I am really seriously thinking about this.
http://www.sdcomputingservice.com
Home of HDDSuperClone and HDDSuperTool

Joep
Data Recovery Noob

HDDSuperClone

Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:17 am

Too bad. From what I read it's an excellent tool with lots of potential that can compete with more expensive solutions.

However in my experience this 'freemium' type model (where you have a free version that offers very usable functionality) you're using does not work for this type of software. Amount of support may drop and revenue may increase if you drop the free stuff: Most people are free riders. There's a large group that feels that they're entitled to free stuff.

I tried this model. I spent large amounts of time on supporting the free riders and it appears a simple thank you for your time is even too much to ask for. Those people will never pay for a license.

And then you didn't even try to solve the easy stuff: In Chrome I see no paypal button. I am assuming Chrome is the most used browser, so that may be a thing.

Return to “HDDSuperClone & HDDSuperTool”