HDDSuperClone

maximus

Good point. And if it doesn't have a built in eSATA port, it may very well have some type of PCI slot that they make an eSATA card for.

maximus":111gztu7 said:
Good point. And if it doesn't have a built in eSATA port, it may very well have some type of PCI slot that they make an eSATA card for.

Hi,
I Will Look Into This Possibility And I Am Aware Its Possible Even Before Mr Larry Suggested ,Its Great To Buy a Laptop With Dedicated Esata Port

maximus

HDDSuperClone version 2.1.3 released.

HDDSuperClone Changelog

version 2.1.3 20181117
* Fixed a bug where the base skip size was not saved
* Updated the user manual section for hiding a drive

maximus

HDDSuperClone version 2.1.4 released, and also HDDSCViewer version 0.7.alpha

HDDSuperClone Changelog
version 2.1.4 20181204
* Added read time info to the progress log

HDDSCViewer Changelog
version 0.7.alpha 20181204
* Reduceded the number of available languages for translation
* Improved the processing speed when scrolling
* Added additional main grid sizes
* Fixed a bug where some blocks were not correct status

maximus

HDDSuperClone version 2.1.5 released. All of the changes are for the Pro version. Other than fixing a typo that is not documented in the changelog, there is no functionality change to the free version.

HDDSuperClone Changelog

version 2.1.5 20181222
* Fixed a bug where using a relay caused fill mode to fail
* Added an initial reset in direct mode when choosing the source
* Disabled the main window while processing the source
* The driver will now start automatically on 32 bit memory error

nissimezra

maximus":2ru71wpp said:
HDDSuperClone version 2.1.5 released. All of the changes are for the Pro version. Other than fixing a typo that is not documented in the changelog, there is no functionality change to the free version.

HDDSuperClone Changelog

version 2.1.5 20181222
* Fixed a bug where using a relay caused fill mode to fail
* Added an initial reset in direct mode when choosing the source
* Disabled the main window while processing the source
* The driver will now start automatically on 32 bit memory error
Merry Christmas everyone
@maximus
I tried to clone WD passport 2TB usb drive using hddsuperclone after patching it. I received an error that the source drive is reporting wrong size.
I tried ddrescue GUI and now its cloning. So far cloned 600gig with no skips or error.
Since I came across hddsuperclone I forgot ddrescue :)

maximus

Merry Christmas everyone
@maximus
I tried to clone WD passport 2TB usb drive using hddsuperclone after patching it. I received an error that the source drive is reporting wrong size.
I tried ddrescue GUI and now its cloning. So far cloned 600gig with no skips or error.
There are checks in hddsuperclone to make sure the source drive is still responding as it should. If it is reporting the wrong size, either the log file was started with the drive not responding properly and the size was wrong from the start, or the drive stopped responding properly and this message is an indication of that. Ddrescue has no checks like this.

nissimezra

maximus":18b5pzux said:
Merry Christmas everyone
@maximus
There are checks in hddsuperclone to make sure the source drive is still responding as it should. If it is reporting the wrong size, either the log file was started with the drive not responding properly and the size was wrong from the start, or the drive stopped responding properly and this message is an indication of that. Ddrescue has no checks like this.
Hi
So it's not cloning? I sure hope it is. The drive is working with windows and detected as 2tb, It is detected as 2tb with test disk and Lubuntu. but not possible to copy big folder, I have to copy one at the time. So cloning it is better option.

maximus

Did you try cloning it first with hddsuperclone, then fix the slow issue, and then use the same log file to attempt to resume the cloning? If so, then it would indicate that the original log file had a bad size, and it was stopping you from using it with the drive now showing the correct size, and it would not let you begin cloning. The solution then would be to start a new log file, considering the original did not have any data recovered anyway.

If this was happening when creating a new log file with the drive after fixing it, and then it gave that message after the cloning process was started, then it would indicate that something was going wrong with the drive, and the data received would be in question. After every error, hddsuperclone will test to see if the drive is responding properly, and if not it will stop with an error message.

So if it is the first thing, then you are okay. But if it is the second, then I would question the data. It is always possible that there was some weird issue that could cause hddsuperclone to report a problem when there was not one, but the checks are there for a reason, and for the most part should always be considered to indicate a real issue.

nissimezra

maximus":ly3k2bei said:
Did you try cloning it first with hddsuperclone, then fix the slow issue, and then use the same log file to attempt to resume the cloning? If so, then it would indicate that the original log file had a bad size, and it was stopping you from using it with the drive now showing the correct size, and it would not let you begin cloning. The solution then would be to start a new log file, considering the original did not have any data recovered anyway.

If this was happening when creating a new log file with the drive after fixing it, and then it gave that message after the cloning process was started, then it would indicate that something was going wrong with the drive, and the data received would be in question. After every error, hddsuperclone will test to see if the drive is responding properly, and if not it will stop with an error message.

So if it is the first thing, then you are okay. But if it is the second, then I would question the data. It is always possible that there was some weird issue that could cause hddsuperclone to report a problem when there was not one, but the checks are there for a reason, and for the most part should always be considered to indicate a real issue.
Thank you for your answer.
It's the second one :(. I tried different computers and the same issue. I read somewhere on the net that someone has success cloning via USB with ddrescue so I gave it a try.
So far 1.7 tb pass with zero skips and errors
It should be finished soon I'll let you know if it worked
https://imgur.com/a/EJxXhGd